MINDSTYLE Landstrider with Jen Statue REVIEW

Laszlo

Reaction score
* = poor
** = mediocre
*** = good
**** = excellent

MINDSTYLE Landstrider with Jen Statue REVIEW

PACKAGING: **** (Hard heavy box, full colour with gold printing. Unbelievable! That's why this one is so expensive :smile: )

SCULPT: *** (Very good, good details, texturing and proportions)

SCREEN ACCURACY: ** (Colours are off. Landtriders never had a black head. Even in Froud's design the colours are much lighter. Jen's belt buckle is wrong. Jen's head could be better.)

PAINTING QUALITY : *** (if you ignore the dark colours on the landstrider, and the red spots on Jen's hands)

BONUS MATERIALS: **** ( A collector's "credit card" plus a beautiful numbered key chain. Beautifull base bottom.)

LIMITED TO: 1500 pieces worldwide (numbered)

RETAIL PRICE: ** (about $ 149.-)

VERDICT: Highly recommended for fans. Others will pass and wait for cheaper products.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Here is some photos:

How do you like the Landstrider?

Cosmic Cow

Reaction score
Awesome pics and review Laszlo! I whole heartedly agree all around. The packaging is a thing of beauty on it's own. I really like how they included the keychain and numbered them. What #'s did you get? My Urac is #26 and my Landstrider is #318. The cost is high but to be expected for the urban vinyl collectibles market...

I really hope this line sticks around for a while. I've heard that Aughra is next!

Laszlo

Reaction score
Thanks! :smile:

I already put away the box and key chain, but I think mine is 317. Funny...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the film - one of my all-time favorite movies, but these sculpures are a bit different than the Dark Crystal I remember and watch several times a year.

I'll pass on these, but not because I'm not a fan - just not a big fan of this product incarnation. I find the price, exclusivity and likeness are off-putting. To be honest, there have been a few moments where I thought about breaking down and collecting these, but at $150 the paint aps and sculpt need to be spot-on. Thanks for the review. It was helpful and if I had enough to invest in these I would. I'm savin' it all for the funny bear! :embarrassed:

However, the Garthem bust...:cool: Is it as impressive as it seems in the photograph? :confused:

Laszlo

Reaction score
However, the Garthem bust...:cool: Is it as impressive as it seems in the photograph? :confused:
Yes, the Garthim bust is quite impressive. Even more so in real (my photo isn't
very good).

I agree with you, the Mindstyle figures are very different from the movie.
But I do like the Landstrider anyway. But the Urac... well... I'll pass on that one.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Do you know if they're going to do any Skeksis? :confused:

If they made one and it kicked butt I'd consider snatching that one up.

Laszlo

Reaction score

Sorry, I don't know. But I would love to have one too!

Imawitchusay

Reaction score
Next run.....

I have talked withthe company. They have stated that they are doing 2 statues every quarter or so. I talked them into telling me about their next two, The next 2 are going to be.......

Augra (Yea!)

Skesis Castle

I hope the castle is as good as Lazlos!

I thought you guys would like to know!