Middle Names

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
tiggie0686 said:
I live like two blocks away from Tim Allen's (the guy who played Tim Taylor on Home Improvement) house. That's my big claim to fame. And the city that Home Improvement is supposed to take place in is the city I live in, cause that's where Time Allen is from. In the show, they make tons of references to my general area. It makes me feel special, although I'm sure none of you care. Haha! :cool:
Oh, wow, that's really cool! I love "Home Improvement." You must get a kick out of watching the show and seeing all those hometown references. So do you know him, living just two blocks away?
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I went to school with a guy whose last name was Rogers, so whenever his dad was around we called him Mr. Rogers. Well, yeah, what else would we have called him? :stick_out_tongue: But we always asked if he wanted to be our neighbor. :stick_out_tongue: Pretty sure his name wasn't Fred though.
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
My middle name is James. Andrew James Clinton.

I have a friend whose father met Fred Rogers in the shower at the Pittsburgh Athletic Club. :embarrassed: Even though the man was standing there in his birthday suit, he still managed to have a friendly conversation and come across as a nice guy. Now THAT'S neighborliness!

:big_grin:

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
jediX said:
If we had kept the house we had bought when I was in 4th grade, I would have lived down the street from John Elway.

thats not a big acompilshment, hes like easy to find in Colorado, even I have seen him in person, an dmy aunt and brother met him

jediX

Reaction score
Neighborliness, and a very very disturbing mental picture.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
My middle name is James. Andrew James Clinton.

I have a friend whose father met Fred Rogers in the shower at the Pittsburgh Athletic Club. :embarrassed: Even though the man was standing there in his birthday suit, he still managed to have a friendly conversation and come across as a nice guy. Now THAT'S neighborliness!

:big_grin:
LOL! :crazy: Sheesh, I don't know, I would've loved to talk to Mr. Rogers, but I don't know about talking to him in his birthday suit... Your friend's father must've felt a little weird! Maybe a little too neighborly... :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

NikZane

Reaction score
jediX said:
Oh come on Jedz, we all know you're middle name is "Wan", mr. Kenobi. :wink: :wink:

tiggie0686 said:
Going off on a tangent, I have a friend named Steven King. I don't quite know how that's related to anything, but I always thought it was funny that I can be like, "I know Steven King!" Even if his name is spelled differently than the author's. Ok, shutting up.
Ok, I'll let y'all all in on a lil' secret. Once upon a time, many moons ago, my name *used* to be Steven King! Seriously, that is what's on my birth cert. A long time ago I had my name changed; for many reasons, one being because I was sick of the "Oh you're that author blah blah" comments I used to *always* get (and have gotten my entire life). Nikolas was originaly my middle name, and Zane is a long forgotten family name.

So, the point of the story is; I can *empathize* with your friend, Steven King (mine was also with a "v", as opposed to "ph"), but it's nevertheless kinda funny hearing someone comment about that name (being that I'm so familar with it), from a "third party"-eye's view! heh. (did that make sense?? lol)

Well, it's funny and strange, but now you all know more about me than many of real-life friends. All ya need now is my drivers license number and social security number and I'm totally screwed :wink:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Wow, your name used to be Steven King? That's kinda funny - and a very different name from Nik Zane! I imagine it would get kinda old always getting comments on your name like that. In middle school there was a guy who always asked me where Paul McCartney was. Dude! He's got two extra letters in his name!! :grouchy:
Erin