1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

MIA: Bear in the Big Blue House

Discussion in 'Bear in the Big Blue House' started by Muppet fan 123, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

With the revival of the Muppets in this new movie The Muppets I thought of the other Muppet production that belongs to Disney that no one seen in the past few years either.
    Bear in the Big Blue House was cancelled. But still Disney bought it with the Muppets in 2004 from JHC.
    If it had been cancelled then I don't really know why Disney even bought the rights to it, maybe they had hope in it. But now, The Bear in The Big Blue House is a lost show. Only Muppet fans like us know about this show.
    I remeber a BITBBH show in DisneyWorld years ago. My first time going to Disney was in 2004 and I think that's the year I saw it, which is also the year that the Muppets and BITBBH was sold to Disney.
    I don't really understand the decision of Disney to just dump BITBBH.
  2. KirbTreelo05 Active Member

It hasn't been said exactly what has stopped Disney from picking BitBBH up again, but from what I've read, the situation is complicated. Disney still cared about Bear despite the show being cancelled; there was the spin-off "Breakfast with Bear". It didn't last very long, but they actually had tons of things planned for the project:
    Like most of us here, I hope that Disney will revive the characters again in some way. Especially with the show moving to Disney Junior's channel in February and the success of "The Muppets".

(Speaking of which, I was a little bummed that there wasn't a character cameo or at least a reference made in the movie. :C That would have be awesome. Maybe in the next one?)
  3. Drtooth Well-Known Member

The biggest challenge of getting Bear back on television is what Playhouse Disney/Disney Junior is right now. Dora-esque shows featuring Disney characters. Unless a very obvious change in programming comes, I don't see how something gentile and classic Sesame Street/Fraggle Rock like would fit in. I'd hate to see Bear turn into a cheap CGI show where they constantly ask where the blue triangle is for 30 seconds until sitting around, answering their own questions.

Bear was a very special show... there seems to be a small paradigm shift in preschool programming away from Dora type shows, and more towards things like Wow Wow Wubzy and Curious George... something a parent or caregiver can watch without getting totally plastered first. If they can just catch that vibe on Disney, we could at least see some old episodes reran, along with the animated New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (Pooh Corner would be too much a stretch).
    KermieBaby47 and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  4. KirbTreelo05 Active Member

Ugh, so would I... >_< If anything, some live-action shorts for the new channel would be nice.
  5. Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I wasn;t sure if Fozzie's Cha Cha Cha thing at the end of the Moopet Rainbow Connection was a reference to BITBBH.
  6. CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

what does "MIA" stand for? :confused:
  7. Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Missing In Action
  8. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

I miss Bear too! I'm gearing up to get a good-sized set of the DVDs to introduce Bear & friends to my little Boy. The only Bear stuff I've got now are Ojo and Tutter plushies, but they're great! Ojo seems to be nearly life sized, purchased at my Disney Store way back when BITBBH was really BIG, ha ha. I never got a Treelo though, IMO the most Muppety looking character on the show, and so crazy!! Ha ha.

Anyway, until I get my DVDs, I'll be showing old eps to my Son on YouTube. We watch older kids shows on there from time to time, and he loves the Muppets, so I know he'll be a big fan of Bear too. :)

Cheers! Great thread Muppet Fan!
    :D
    Anthony
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  9. CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Thanks Muppet fan 123 ! :) Let's bring back Bear!!!
  10. KirbTreelo05 Active Member

Haha! I would have been rollin' on the theater floor if that was intentional, but it was probably just a coincidence. xD
  11. Collgoff Well-Known Member

Hey did you know one of the performers in Bear in the big blue house is in the muppets?

One of the puppeteers is the person name Peter the one who played Tutter the mouse is the performer who dose Walter in the movie.
  12. KirbTreelo05 Active Member

I knoooooow~! He's is one of the reasons why I wanted to see the movie. :D Tyler Bunch (Treelo, Pop, Doc Hogg) was in there too. ^^
  13. CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Yeah, Peter Linz. He's awesome!
  14. beaker Well-Known Member

Bear was the best show Disney morning for little kids ever had. And I speak totally objectively of course:) Why they think braindead un-rendered ugly "cgi" cartoons and utter garbage would appeal to toddlers more than Bear(which parents and kids LOVED in the late 90's and early 2000's) is beyond me. Very sad a whole generation of kids is missing out completely. There has to be a main single reason why there's no more Bear