Melonpool: The Motion Picture

Melonpool

Reaction score
He finished shooting all of the puppet shots for our Kickstarter video this weekend. It's amazing how much prep work goes into a 6-minute short. Maybe out 78-minute feature's going to take a little longer than a couple of weekends to shoot. :wink:

Melonpool

Reaction score
Here's a behind-the-scenes shot of this last Sunday's shoot. Enjoy!

Kelso

Reaction score
Looking great. What was Steve Whitmire doing there?

Melonpool

Reaction score
The set's housed at a puppet studio and Steve came by to talk to the owner.

Melonpool

Reaction score
Hey all!

It's been an exciting week for us! We finally started our Kickstarter campaign and raised all the money we originally asked for in a little under a week! We were totally floored by it, since we thought it would take the entire 47 day run for us to even get close -- so now we're trying for a higher goal to add a little more production value to our film.

I know that a lot of you are unable to use crowd sourcing to fund your various endeavors because of the legalities of using the Muppets or other copyrighted properties, but if there if this is even a possibility -- I say go for it!

Anyway, I thought I'd share our campaign with you guys that haven't seen it. This is some of the first real footage from my puppet movie that w've been able to release, even if it won't ultimately appear in the final film.

Enjoy!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/182240459/puppets-in-space

Steve

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i love this when do you plan to have the movie done and finished by?

Melonpool

Reaction score
It looks like we'll start shooting in February 2013. In that chunk, we'll be able to shoot all of the Bridge stuff, Airlock scenes, and Galley scenes -- that's roughly 70% of the film. Then, we may have to break and build a bunch of flats, unless we can build them pre February. Once the Flats are finished, we should be able to shoot all but about 10% of the film -- which makes up the special effects mostly. So, we're hoping to release the finished film sometime in 2014.