Mega Muppets: Your Top Choices

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
If it were up to you what would you decide in what order? If one mega-Muppet comes out per wave starting this fall/winter that would mean 12-13 slots (wishful thinking). We know that Beaker is the first so lets start with him.

01 Beaker
02 Scooter
03 Pepe
04 Gonzo
05 Janice
06 Animal
07 Sam
08 Fozzie
09 Rowlf
10 Piggy
11 Bunsen
12 Statler/Waldorf
13 Clifford

Runners up: Swedish Chef, Rizzo, Zoot, Dr, Teeth

And what would you want the characters to wear?

Squigiman

Reaction score
ANIMAL! ANIMAL! ANIMAL! Sorry. Just thought this should be a given, being that it would be a cool way to get a movie-based toy without necessarily having to officially say so. I think it would be really cool, even if you don't get to see his full body in the movie. Who wouldn't want a huge Animal to terrorize his/her other action figures? See ya.

-Squigiman

FER SURE

Reaction score
1. Jaince with rooted hair. I would rather her hair be rooted with ratail cord, but I suppose anything would work. I would love to see her in go go boots

2. Chef he could come with the Musket handgun

3. Dr. Teeth

4. Lew Zeeland

5.Sam the Eagle

These are the my top 5 choices from the first 4 series.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah - I really hope these have some sort of rooted hair. I hope they will also have some fabric clothing, but that may be asking too much for the small cost of these. A wild card character who I would love to see, but it would never happen is Uncle Deadly!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's my list. I kept it to the top 10 which goes through Spring 2005. This has been shared with Ken over the past couple days, but I thought I'd jump in on the discussion Jamie started as well.

I've been thinking about the top 10 characters I'd like to see in this lineup taking into account how the general public perceives these characters and also what fans might want too. Some are favorite standbys, others are more sought after. You'll notice in my list, it alternates between a slightly rarer character (Beaker, Janice, Pepe, Scooter, Rowlf) and one of the "top five big guns" (Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal) with one release per quarter.

(1) Beaker (Winter 2002) - He's planned first and a pretty good choice. Is there ANY way you can make his head move down to just his nose??? His mouth could "move in" when the large figure is pressed down. Just add that one feature and everybody will LOVE Beaker. If you work on adding *one* thing extra to each character like Beaker's head movin' down that isn't included with the regular figure, it will go a long way to thrilling fans.

(2) Great Muppet Caper Reporter Kermit (Spring 2003) - The trenchcoat will add a little more fun than just plain Kermit and is a design that will sell extremely well with fans and casual shoppers alike. A lot of detail can be done on Kermit's coat, hat, and textured skin. We all have a variety of large Kermit plastic figures so that's why I went away from his normal "naked" look.

(3) Janice (Summer 2003) - Janice is going to be a huge seller (mega and the action figures). She's one of the top main characters left that has *never* had a doll or action figures made of her. She's also another female character to help balance out the Mega line. Regular Janice with hat would probably be best here instead of Nurse Janice so that she'll have her most recognizable look to her.

(4) Animal (Fall 2003) - Possible normal Animal with drumsticks. Moveable jaw and definitely moveable eyelids would be a nice touch (maybe they would move from a lever on his back).

(5) Pepe (Winter 2003) - He'll appear a year into the line to give some added life. A lot of great texture can be added on this one not possible with the smaller figure. Enough said, ok. :smile:

(6) Miss Piggy (Spring 2004) - My first response here was to maybe do a Pigs in Space Piggy large-scale. Pigs in Space is generally regarded as the most memorable sketch on the show. Her outfit would also work well with a large figure because you could add a lot of detail in the design with her space suit, not possible with the action figure. The Miss Piggy in evening gown has been done a lot before, so that's why the Pigs in Space outfit might be the way to go. Ran this idea by Cindy (since she's the Piggy expert around these parts), and at first she was hesitant but she agreed with me after looking at all the other Piggy stuff out there. We've never had a real Pigs in Space doll/figure before (fisher-price did a bad rip-off), so we're in agreement if you can get Henson on board.

(7) Scooter (Summer 2004) - Scooter's a fan favorite and I'm real excited about seeing a large-scale Muppet Show jacket on him. Thick orange yarn or something might be a possibility for his hair.

(8) Gonzo (Fall 2004) - This needs to be the Gonzo in tux with a lot of detail and texture, especially on his face. A small little chicken emblem on the left-hand breast of his jacket pocket might be a nice touch.

(9) Rowlf (Winter 2004) - Jim Henson's first *major* Muppet and one that fans miss seeing the most. Rowlf holding a musicbook or something might help this figure appeal to musicians.

(10) Comedy Fozzie (Spring 2005) - To conclude the line everyone's favorite furry-man Fozzie. The ability for Fozzie to wiggle his ears from a switch in the back might be a nice touch.

Of these, the ones I'm *most excited* about are Janice, Pepe, and Scooter. Definitely hope mega Muppets get made of these three characters. I did *really* want to put Dr. Teeth on the list just because the detail with a large figure would be amazing. So if the line went twelve figures, I'd add Sam for Summer 2005 and Dr. Teeth for Fall 2005 to conclude the line.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Excellent choices, everyone--if Phil's line were produced, I would buy every last one of them. That's an excellent order and choice of characters; I would probably bump Sam up a few notches (depending on what his full body sculpt looks like) and possibly bump Scooter down. Although a lot of Fans like Scooter, I don't know about the general public.

Of course, you could probably say that about any of these...I would also throw in a Mega-Camilla with Gonzo, and then we could recreate the Wonder Pig sketch where she's attacked by a giant chicken...

Or I may just go pick up a chicken.

Quinnnnnnnnnnn

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Excellent choices! I really like the First Mate Piggy the best. These are going to be mainly plastic pieces so it seems to me that it is unlikely for the clothes to me made out of real material. A Piggy in a frilly dress wouldn't look as good as a mold. The Pigs in Space uniform opens this figure/doll up to a different market than just the hardcore fan and girls. I predict sci-fi buffs will love this sclupt and boys will be more willing to buy it than a glamour Piggy. And Palisades may be looking for an angle when releasing future Piggys.

Trenchcoat Kermit it wonderful, however I do wish they could make the clothes removable. I think Kermit will sell in either form but this version does seem exciting.

Blake Wright

Reaction score
Top of the list...

All of these are great choices. I'd love an Animal mega muppet in the first four or so offerings. That way, you can play out the scene in the ghost town from TMM! Rooted hair is a must, if possible.

Blake

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Great list, Phil! It's really hard to think of a new list after reading yours.

However, the only new thing I would have probably said would be that Gonzo come in a colorful sweater or one of his more modern outfits (such as his Muppets Tonight-era suit). As much as I like the tux idea, I just think for such a large scale you'd want a figure that stands out visually.

And I probably also would have snuck Zoot onto the list somewhere. :smile: