Meet Me At Sunning Rock (A Fraggle Rock Play)

Redsonga

Reaction score
Author's Note:
This idea came to me when I was very sick a couple of months ago, so it may or may not be a good one. It is based on the comings and goings from a single setting, like a certain type of play I can't remember the name of right now, and centered on a series of short linked together 'jokes' and moments (and so it has no real 'chapters'. At first, I was going to do one for every character in Fraggle Rock, but I ended up narrowing it down a bit. These take place in the few months before the episode "The Voice Inside", but in my verison of FR.
Meet Me At Sunning Rock (A Fraggle Rock Play)

The sunny day seeped through the braches of scarlet leafed maple trees, casting its bright footprints upon the green forest floor near a well kept lawn.

A lawn that all of the areas tourist knew and loved as being a part of the well renowned hotel called The Captain's Inn.

But to a certain mutt with drooping grey whiskers the sunny day only served as a troublesome reminder of the dark, quiet, and very comfortable day sleeping he could be having back home in a doggy bed ...without burrs..or stickers..or foxtails in his ears..or..rocks?

Sprocket's slow , loping gate he was keeping behind his master came to a abrumpt stop as he let out an annoyed growl at the balding, glasses flamed form that was now kneeling in the dirt.

"Don't be such a spoiled sport Sprocky, it's a beautiful day! This idea of starting to take walks in the woods is just what we need to get more exerise ..And new hobbies."

"Rowrow..." Sprocket grumbled, taking up a spot sitting near a knee of the excentric inventor as he brought a rock up to the light, looking it over closely with a jeweler's eye.

"Ah, Sprocket, rock collecting, now this is a wonderful hobby! All the mysteries, the wonders of the natural world, all locked into tiny pieces of the past..."

Sprocket leaned forward to sniff the piece of red rock, giving it a lite lick before he jerked away with a snort of disgust, wiping his mouth with a paw.

Doc laughed. "Of course, that's not to say they're good for everything. They certainly aren't good to eat..."

He placed the rock carefully in a tote bag looped over his shoulder as the old dog let out a muffled bark.

Sprocket titled his head, his jaw clasped around a large piece of quartz.

"That's the spirit!" Doc grinned, taking the rock and holding its' white marbled surface up to the light. "Just think if rocks could talk..the sort of stories they could tell us Sprocky...After all people, dogs, all matter of things.. we come and go..but a good rock, now that might very well outlast all of us...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miles and miles below the Silly Creature's Inn a single sunbeam shown downward, ever downward. It knew its way, just like every other drop of sunlight before it, to shine into a place that every other source of natural light had long overlooked...

A place called Fraggle Rock.

This maze of caverns, kept alight by tiny firefly creatures, had one special place.

In this place, under a single sunbeam each 3rd season, as it had for thousand of years (and would for a thousand more) a rock sat.

A porous stone of red lava twice as long as it was wide, with edges worn smooth by time, the rock known as Sunning Rock sat..and waited.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Huh, I expected a play. :smile:

Anyway, this has started out really really well. You sure know how to introduce your stories.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Very good beginning... Good thing you decided against a scene for each FR character, my tallies have at least 161 of them that appeared onscreen... With a few more that are in doubt of course. Oh, and are you thinking of an "Aristotlian" play? Thanks for posting and take care. *Disappears down the hatch.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I call it a play more because it has the feeling of one, with one set and many linked together ideas, but no real plot. It just sort of..is, with each character bringing something or nothing :smile:. I am trying to stay away from script format as many sites don't allow it anymore, and FF.net is one of my main homes...

*lol* When I said every character I meant every named, speaking character :wink:. Golly, I'm not that crazy :smile:!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, that's how many named speaking/articulating FR characters I've gathered so far. There are the named non-speaking offscreen referencial characters, but those I leave for interpretation into the overall realms of Muppet Universe. :crazy: Just wait till my baby's ready for posting. Mwahahaha! Pardon the evil laughter. Please, continue the story. *Waits for an update.