Which do you prefer?

• Me Party

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • A Table for One Can Be Fun

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well...despite the fact that I am avoiding everything that I can from The Muppets. One thing that I was really wanting to listen to was Me Party -- and so I caved and had a listen. But now I want to know your thoughts, which do you prefer?

Me Party

or

A Table for One Can be Fun

Since I left home and finished university a few years ago, I have grown quite comfortable spending an evening at a restaurant having a solo dinner by myself (sometimes with a good book for company). I quite enjoy servers' faces when I ask for a table for one. It's a momentary, uncomfortable pause that makes me smile a little inside. "Yes, I am enough of a person to sit alone and eat good food, I don't have to stay in with take away, thanks" I think to myself. And I always have a little rendition of this Muppet Babies song playing away in my head. It's great that they encourage (kinda) that kind of independent behavior.

I can't wait to see the version of Me Party that is actually in the movie though, as I'm sure it will brighten my opinion of my own company! Although, for now, I'd say that Me Party sounds a little more "I am happy by myself (because there's no other option)" while Table For One is more "I am happy by myself, nothing wrong with that." So I'm voting for Table for One in the poll.

Bea:zany:{myself and I}regard

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh dear, I voted for the wrong one, lol. I meant to vote for A Table for One, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can't wait to see the version of Me Party that is actually in the movie though, as I'm sure it will brighten my opinion of my own company!
Your opinion will quickly change, I actually found it pretty cheesy and cringeworthy... it was pretty painful to watch Amy Adams sing and dance in the diner all by herself while surprisingly everyone else around her is completely oblivious.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Your opinion will quickly change, I actually found it pretty cheesy and cringeworthy... it was pretty painful to watch Amy Adams sing and dance in the diner all by herself while surprisingly everyone else around her is completely oblivious.
I will say I liked Amy Adams, but her song was easily cutting room floor material.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I will say I liked Amy Adams, but her song was easily cutting room floor material.
I think just about the only song that wasn't entirely cheesy in the movie was "The Whistling Caruso"... but then again, most of the songs and numbers that were part of the Muppets' show were great (Sam, Link, Rowlf, and Beaker as a barbershop quartet was hysterical), it was the other show-stopping numbers throughout the rest of the movie that didn't help.

I did like the visuals that went along with "Man or Muppet" though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Considering the context...

Me Party is a crucial moment where Mary is angry with Gary and jealous of all the time he spent with his brother, meanwhile Piggy has the same revelation (though I don't think she genuinely believes it) about not needing Kermit.

A Table for One can be Fun is a different context, not so much a joyful one. If I can remember the episode Eight minus One Equals Panic correctly, it was about a fear of one of them being dumped out on their butts by Nanny over a mild misunderstanding... once they get the assumption it's Fozzie, they all cheerfully sing about how being kicked out on his button flaps won't be so bad. The lyrics are alright and the song's peppy enough, but for the context, I'm going with the more positive message of "Me Party."

Now the one I REALLY hate is the Sesame Street song about the kid who sometimes likes to play by himself. Now, this one's kinda personal... and I'm sure there were a lot of kids who weren't invited to play with the other kids, even their friends that had to wander the playground alone at recess... last time I saw that, I wanted nothing more than to jump into the screen and say "come on, kids... this kid needs someone to play with. Years of isolation CAN cause him to grow up demented."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
A Table for One can be Fun is a different context, not so much a joyful one. If I can remember the episode Eight minus One Equals Panic correctly, it was about a fear of one of them being dumped out on their butts by Nanny over a mild misunderstanding... once they get the assumption it's Fozzie, they all cheerfully sing about how being kicked out on his button flaps won't be so bad. The lyrics are alright and the song's peppy enough, but for the context, I'm going with the more positive message of "Me Party."
Actually it's one of my favorite Muppets Babies episodes, lol. I liked how they were trying to get Fozzie to find a positive in an unpleasant reality (or what they thought was reality, hehe).