MC Radio Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wanted to give you a heads up that I’ll be doing some “testing” this weekend with some upgrades for Muppet Central Radio.

The first stage of testing will require that I stop the stream, change a few settings, and then begin the stream again. What this will mean for you as the listener is that if you are listening when this occurs, you’ll need to reconnect to Live365 in order to begin listening again. I’m anticipating that I’ll take the stream off-line very briefly sometime Friday evening. I will post here in this discussion before Muppet Central Radio goes off-line later this evening. We’ll then enter a “testing” period which I’ll post more about later tonight.

If you want to stay updated on these events, then please subscribe to this thread and you should receive e-mail notifications as there are further updates.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Muppet Central Radio will be going off-line for just a minute in the next half-hour or so. If you are currently listening, you’ll need to reconnect in order to pick the stream back up again. I’ll be posting more after the changeover.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our changeover has been completed. The stream should function as it does normally. In fact, if everything went smoothly then everything should appear exactly as usual.

I will continue to post here as more updates are rolled out.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll be changing over the stream again in approximately 20 minutes around 11:30 central standard time. You may need to restart your player in order to pick up the station again.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm doing some more testing on MC Radio. The stream will be back on-line in about twenty minutes at 11 am central standard time.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We are now entering a testing period over the next few days where we are broadcasting Muppet Central Radio live in stereo. Before today, we were broadcasting at 32 kbps, but now we're broadcasting at 64 kbps. With this change, you'll need a broadband connection to listen. If you like these changes or if you preferred the stream at it's lower quality (so you could listen via dial-up) please post in the discussion below. We want to hear your feedback on these changes.

Discuss the upgrades here...
http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=29998

Just a reminder that there are two version of Muppet Central Radio... a FREE stream with on-screen ads and a VIP stream with twice the sound quality as the free version and with no on-screen ads. If you've never listened to Muppet Central Radio have a listen as we play more than 2000 classic Muppet songs with new material being add all the time. We'll begin playing Christmas music on Friday November 24. You can listen to MC Radio with the Live365 player, any MP3 player on your computer and even on a Tivo Series2 (with a VIP membership). Run the listening wizard if you have trouble listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.