MC eBayers Beware!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

I know most of you MC members are also Ebay members... I just wana tell you to bewair of ebay member ID: grinandgiggle. I bought/won a 30th Anv. Kermit the frog new in box, link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10885&item=7232600937

I always pay with PAYpal after i win the item, so bein a nice guy/ebay members i payed asap, the jurk emailed me sayin they would ship my kermit out on that monday on UPS, now remember this was almost 2 weeks ago, went to the post office thinking "ok its wedsday, so he should be in now", couse it takes 2-3days, the jurk/bum NEVER emailed me, so i thought ok i'll give it til friday... emailed em they emailed me back and sayed "I mailed kermit out on thursday, sorry, i didnt use UPS i used reguler mail insted". so ok, i didnt mind so much, this was the same week, now its been alost 2 weeks now, i emailed em 6 times asking "please find out for me", "is there a tracking number?", and so on. So i just filled out a "Not Received Item" on ebay here just this past Saturday we just had, so maybe i might get my money back from PAYpal... Any one else have any idea's on what i should do? :confused: :frown:

Heres the last email i just sent them today... ** now im a very upset. its been ALOST 2 weeks since you sent out this Talking Kermit the Frog. I checked with the post office and they sayed regular mail does NOT take this long! I have filled out a Not Recevived Item on ebay. Please respond ASAP to avoid n-feedback!

- Steve **

so i thought i'd just worn u ebayers out there on MC about this bum! :mad:

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
Thanks for the warning! I hate it when people do stuff like that.:rolleyes: :mad: I'm sorry that happened to you.:frown: I have that Kermit and I would like to send you a PM about the Kermit, but, you already have 30 messages, so, could you clear some space so I can write you please?

puppetise

Reaction score
thank you for sharring that befor bidding always check the veiwers feed back

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Muppet Matt said:
Thanks for the warning! I hate it when people do stuff like that. I'm sorry that happened to you.:frown: I have that Kermit and I would like to send you a PM about the Kermit, but, you already have 30 messages, so, could you clear some space so I can write you please?

there u can PM me now! :smile: :stick_out_tongue:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I would give it a little more time. It shouldn't take 2 weeks but depending on what mail service they used it might. If they used parcel post two weeks is not unheard of. The lack of response from the seller though can be very upsetting and frustrating.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
OK, let me take back what I just said. The auction clearly states that it would be shipped priority mail. If it wasn't you have a definite gripe! :mad:
Also, the 66% feedback rating should be a BIG RED FLAG! I would never go near a seller with less than 98% feedback and then read carefully any negative feedback left for him.

Good luck to you in resolving this positively. Hope everything works out!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
MuppetsRule said:
OK, let me take back what I just said. The auction clearly states that it would be shipped priority mail. If it wasn't you have a definite gripe! :mad:
Also, the 66% feedback rating should be a BIG RED FLAG! I would never go near a seller with less than 98% feedback and then read carefully any negative feedback left for him.

Good luck to you in resolving this positively. Hope everything works out!
yeah! i leaned my lession i can tell ya that! :smirk: thx for the tip too! :smile:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Best to advoid ebay.This can be hard as most buying and selling of collectables seem to be done on ebay nowadays, but I have found that in the past, ebay doesnt want to help you much and ebay seems to attract criminals and ebay should be doing much more.Also feedback seems to be a load of rubbish as I have had failed deals by people hiding behind high positive feedback and then comitting the occasional fraud and draging out excuses saying they posted it and will post another and more time goes till the item goes off the computer and you cant give negative feedback.Also if you can give negative feedback, they just give you negative feedback to make you look bad, which shouldnt be allowed.Also there should be no time limit ebay that ebay refuses to do anything about.No more ebay for me and if more people follow, it will teach them a lesson that they cant just collect money and not care about the victums in the process.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
muppetperson said:
Best to advoid ebay.This can be hard as most buying and selling of collectables seem to be done on ebay nowadays, but I have found that in the past, ebay doesnt want to help you much and ebay seems to attract criminals and ebay should be doing much more.Also feedback seems to be a load of rubbish as I have had failed deals by people hiding behind high positive feedback and then comitting the occasional fraud and draging out excuses saying they posted it and will post another and more time goes till the item goes off the computer and you cant give negative feedback.Also if you can give negative feedback, they just give you negative feedback to make you look bad, which shouldnt be allowed.Also there should be no time limit ebay that ebay refuses to do anything about.No more ebay for me and if more people follow, it will teach them a lesson that they cant just collect money and not care about the victums in the process.

thanks VERY well sayed! :wink: Yeah from now on i'm NOT doin ebay unless i REALLY REALLY REALLY really really really really NEED it! lol :zany: