MC Dorms: Sorry, We're Closed Take 2

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Unlocks the doors to the temporary home for dorms' residents. Hello? Anyone there? Can you post here instead? *Shrugs, waits to hear from others.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (wandering around with Pearl Sinclair, happens upon this "temporary home" thing): Huh?

Pearl: What's wrong, sugah?

Kelly: I guess it's just a place to hang out while the remodel is going on for the next semester.

Pearl (looks at a random brochure): Geez-louise, just how long ARE y'all's semesters in these parts?

Kelly: Well, I don't know. The thing is, Ed, who's basically in charge of running it, has plans to make it three semesters a year. That seems more managable.

Pearl: Whew. Thought I'd done been left out of the school loop for far too long -- just didn't seem logical to have semesters last out that many years. By the way, is it just gonna be us?

Kelly: Well, I haven't talked to Cotterpin, but she's hopefully working on stuff and will be back as soon as the place is opened up again.

Pearl (smirks): I take it this place is co-ed.

Kelly: Yeah. So?

Pearl: Got any nice young males skulkin' 'round the place?

Kelly: Um, you mean as roomies? No. I had a male roommate I had a crush on sometimes ... but I decided it would be best if we spent some time apart. Besides, I kinda like the idea of losing the testosterone in my room.

Pearl: Aw, well that's a right shame. *finds muffins* Ooh, muffins! *hands one to Kelly* You want one, sugah, or are ya on a diet?

Kelly: You can have them. They're not really my thing. I'm more of a chips and ice cream person, myself.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
(gang is walking past)

Beige: So what's the word? Are the dorms going to re-open?
Nora: We'll have to wait and see - it'll be up to Ed and all that.
Storyteller: Well, think of it this way - it gets everyone out and about, the dorms could get a spring cleaning...
Scooter: So, are we all coming back once the dorms open up again?
Erin: I'm coming back - and if you guys are up for it, I'll put all our names in.

(murmur of agreement as the gang heads off in search of ice cream)

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
At Cold Comfort, the gang is splitting a Matterhorn - the parlor's newest giant sundae.

Erin: Hi, Ed, come on in. Why don't you and your guys try one of these? They're enough for a group, and they've got five different flavors in them.
Storyteller: Oh, isn't this nice, they put little plastic mountain climbers on it.
Beige: Yeah...and this one up top is wearing an oxygen mask, and...wow, he's got full-blown altitude sickness.
Scooter: You know, they make a sundae called the Everest that's big enough to feed 20 people and...what's that song playing on the muzak?
Nora: It sounds like "The Happy Wanderer" and...oh, no, they're up to the "Valderi" part.

(gang quickly grabs the sundae and shoves inward in their booth as a pig in hiking gear and tracht comes falling down from somewhere over the parlor)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:sing:
Pack your shield, pack your sword.
You won't ever get bored.
Though get eaten or marred you might.
Come on down, stop on by.
Hop a carpet and fly...
To another Arabiaaaaaaan niiiiiiiight!

*Arriving at Cold Comforts. Hey Erin... Hmmm, that sounds tempting... But I think we'll go with the Tropical Thunderdome.
*Places order and a sundae for the spooks and I is served with little plastic palm trees on the side and little paper umbarellas accompanying cherries on top. We get Piña Colada, Rum Raisin, Lemon Daiquiri, Lime in the Coconut, and Manguava Madness. Chopped bananas, pineapple sauce and macadamia nuts finish off this dessert.

*Bringing spoons and napkins, Dig in guys.
*Finds a cherry with the stem tied in a knot. Wha? Wonder who...
*A figure resumes working at the counter, avoiding looking straight at our table.

UD: What's that you got?
Me: A knot-tied cherry.
UD: Oh... That's the first sign. *Continues eating.
Me: Of what?
UD: Secret admirer.

:batty: :flirt:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (to Pearl): So, what now?

Pearl: Well, I guess it IS time to hit the ol' hay. What's a gal got to do to get some shut-eye 'round here?

Kelly (shrugs): Close your eyes?

Pearl (grins): Ha-HA. My, you ARE a droll one, aren't you?

Kelly: I've heard there are hangers in the closets....

Pearl (sarcastically): Well, I reckon I'm a bit too frail for somethin' like THAT.

Kelly: Well, c'mon. We can always go camp out in the park. I could use some nightly fresh air anyway.

Pearl: Whatever you say, sugah. Wouldn't mind sleepin' under some trees mahself.

*Kelly and Pearl leave for the park with some sleeping bags*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Back at our cozy little den... *Reading through messages... What? No! So that explains...
Uncle Deadly has been spirited away on business, attending to a new soul admitted into the hereafter.

*Goes to post the news with a heavy heart.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (lying on the grass, singing): YA-da-da-DA-da, Ya-da-da-DA ...

Pearl: What in tarnation is THAT?

Kelly: It's supposed to be that song that Kermit sings getting ready for his date in The Great Muppet Caper.

Pearl: Do you sing?

Kelly: In the shower, yes. Do I dare do it in public? No.

Pearl (grinning): You know, my brother Earl liked singin' in the shower, supposedly. It might do you some good to just let it all out.

Kelly: It's not exactly my career choice.

Pearl: But it sure is FUN ....

Kelly: Yeah, and then people will think I'm even more pathetic than I already am. *sighs* I'm not singing in public.

Pearl: Well, if there WAS a song you could be convinced of singin', which one would it be?

Kelly: Hmmm ... I like "1000 Words" ... that evil thimblebeetle song of Red's ... "Yakko's World" ....

Pearl: Ain't those last two kinda fast-paced tongue-twisters?

Kelly (nods)

Pearl: I see. You pick songs that take forever to get right so you can claim you stink at it worse than a pootin' skunk decomposin' on a pile of dirty diapers, right?

Kelly (stares at Pearl): Where do you even come UP with that kind of figure of speech? *sigh* I'm hungry.

Pearl: You know, I've been lookin' at this here map, and there's just this ONE bar over yonder on a street called Whitmire Wharf. Now that's just an awful waste of local flavor, darlin'. This town needs a saloon, quick.

Kelly (chuckles): You SERIOUSLY want to open a saloon? Where would you put it?

Pearl (grins): Well, I reckon I can put it here next to that bridal and groom shop up here in the left corner. After all, ya gotta have somewhere to go when you get left at the altar.

Kelly (facepalms)

*Kelly and Pearl hear a strange small engine sound, turn around, and spot Cotterpin riding up on her scooter*

Kelly (grins): Hey, Cotterpin! Been awhile!

Cotterpin: Wow, Kelly! I KNEW I'd find you somewhere around here! *looks at the large, rather rotund dinosaur in the flashy clothes* Who's this?

Pearl (nods): Pearl. Pearl Sinclair. I'm a singer.

Cotterpin (stares at Pearl's clothes): Uh-huh. And you have to wear that costume?

Pearl (smiles): Well, I'm the first country singer back home, which means I get to pick mah OWN wardrobe. Ain't you one of those Doozer things I've been readin' about?

Cotterpin: Yep, I'm Cotterpin Doozer. I'm an architect (mostly). *to Kelly* So, reconstruction is still in progress, right?

Kelly (nods): Yep. Still no word from on high about opening day. A few are just kinda squatting here and there until the Dorms open back up. What have you been up to?

Cotterpin (looks away): Oh, nothing, nothing. I've just been drawing up plans, you know, heehee!

Kelly (smirks): You're hiding something ....

Cotterpin (fake-shock): I would NEVER! *pause* So, heard from Digit or Waldo yet?

Kelly (shakes head): I don't think I've seen them yet, to be honest. There's some temporary housing set up somewhere. I guess we should go see if anyone's around.

*Kelly, Pearl, and Cotterpin head to the temporary housing facility*

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Cait: *collapses on the bed in her temporary room* Well guys, this is where we're going to be staying until the Dorms open up. ... guys?

Lips: *oiling the valves on his trumpet*

Digit: *researching/typing on his laptop*

Lindbergh: *making a wooden tool kit*

Waldo: *flying around outside* Woo-hoo!

Cait: ... *facepalm* Everyone's doing their own thing...

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Alex: *standing outside of the temporary dorm, blankly staring at the door*

Sweetums: Yup. She's got a looooooong way to go....

Bean: Till what?

Alex: *twitches*