MC Dorms: 2009: Summer Vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Rowlf: <examines computer screen> Hey, look! E-mail from Lisa!
Robin: Oh BOY! <hops into Rowlf’s lap>
Chef: Um de HURDY? <hurries over>
Rowlf: Let’s see. It goes, “Hey guys! I’m here at my aunt’s house in Colorado. We’ve been keeping pretty busy, but we don’t have much planned for today, so I figured it would be a good time to check in. Yesterday we hiked a couple miles in Rocky Mountain National Park, and on Thursday we walked around Estes Park. (Already got Teddy Bear #47… My name is Lisa, and I’m addicted to teddies!)” <Looks around> …Now where does she think she’s gonna put it?
Robin: <slowly, carefully reads> “We’ve been… visiting, a lot of… family. It turns out that my cousin’s… daughter, and oldest son, are def-in-it-ly… po-ten-tial Muppet fans, the… daughter… mo-RE-so?”
Rowlf: Moreso.
Robin: “Moreso… than the son. I watched MTM with her last… night, and she liked it a lot, but she needs some… practice, with everyone’s names. She calls Animal ‘the crazy one,’ Kermit is sometimes ‘Hermit,’ and Dr. Teeth was… briefly, a captain.” <Scrunches face> She can’t even get UNCLE KERMIT’S name right?
Rowlf: Well, they do rhyme. <resumes reading> “Unfortunately, it’s not all fun and games. I’ve been having trouble sleeping—big surprise—and two nights ago, even that third prescription didn’t help. Nothing unusual there, but I felt pretty sick all day Wednesday and off and on since then. Mostly stomach pain, but nothing beyond that, and none of us can figure out what keeps causing it… although my mom now suspects it’s because my feet are so badly out of alignment.” <Double-take> <sings> The foot bone’s connected to the, leg bone…
Robin: <reads> “In… spite of the icky stuff, I’m having a… great time, and taking lots of… pic-tures. I will try to keep in… t-ou-ch, as much as… pos-si-bul. Give… ev-er-y-one a hug for me! I miss you, and will… write… again, soon. Sin… sin…sir-ly?”
Rowlf: Sincerely.
Robin: “Sincerely, Lisa.”
Rowlf: <pats Robin’s head> VERY good. <reads screen> “PS—Rowlf, you have full authority to tie Chef in the closet if he tries to cook anyone while I’m gone.”
Chef: Huuuy! Um de TIRDY røølee nücesücesarsary?
Robin: …Yes?
Rowlf: <chuckles> Probably.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (listens to Fraggle songs as she organizes the Scorched and Snowed office)

Pearl (plays guitar for the audience)

Cotterpin (talking about Doozer cleaning materials with Zoot in Kelly's car)

Hoggle (sleeping on his cot)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Belfryra has fallen asleep in the comfy couch.

Uncle D is rereading the tomes before leaving for the movies tonight.

Count inspects the haunters on his posterboard.

Ed watches theGalactic Battle marathon in his subroom.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Headed off to the showers to dress and get ready for the movies. Hmm, maybe I should send out an announcement.

To all dormies... Half-Blood Prince's showingdown at Rainbow Connections. If you want to show up, that's :cool: If not, fine, we'll see you when we get back.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (gets call from Ed): Hey, Pearl! Let's go to the theater an' go see wizard boy smack around snake-man.

Pearl: Huh?

Kelly: Harry Potter.

Pearl: Who's that?

Kelly (facepalm)

Cotterpin (still in the car with Zoot, as they got lost): Hey, you wanna go see a movie?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Dressed and ready to go... The fiends tag along, all three of them.
Me: Count, you're driving fright?
:batty: Check. We all climb into the Countmobile, headed to Scorched & Snowed to pick up Kelly, and Pearl too.
Saturday night at the movies... Who cares what picture we see?
Just so long as we're together, my baby and me.

*Old song memory.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (follows Pearl out and locks the door)

Pearl: Oh, hey, we're gettin' picked up!

Kelly (whips around): We're being ARRESTED? I thought you had PERMITS!

Pearl (whaps Kelly on the back of the head with a napkin): No, you silly somethin' ... it's Ed.

Kelly: Oh. *grins*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Stops in front of the saloon. The doors to the car open so Kelly and Pearl can scoosh in. *After they're onboard and a part of the plan, Count drives down to the theater at Enigma Lane, finding it easily as it's been decked with the ornate outer embellishments of a classy cinema like he Aladdin or Leland Bijou.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (stares at map): So, is Enigma Lane just a conveniently-appearing small street? It's not on the map.

Pearl (rolls eyes): Oh, hon, lighten up. Not everythin' has to be logical. We're seein' a film 'bout boys an' their wands, right?

Kelly (snickers): Uh, moving right along, have you heard good things about this movie, Ed? We haven't seen it yet.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I've heard something about what was changed from book to film... But I'm glad we're going together.

*Wonders if she'll ever get the reference as to the theater's location.

Status
Not open for further replies.