MC Community: Where is it going?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I CAN'T leave MC.

I really can't.

I've TRIED going on hiatuses, or taking little breaks in the past, but I just can't go more than two days without coming here to MC, despite all its been going through as of late.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I CAN'T leave MC.

I really can't.

I've TRIED going on hiatuses, or taking little breaks in the past, but I just can't go more than two days without coming here to MC, despite all its been going through as of late.
Your a real trooper then D'Snowth. I admire you for that. :smile:
I don't think I could leave now either. Something really really bad would have had to take place for me to leave. I think MC needs all the friends it could get.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm just that fond of MC. It really is my home-away-from-home. There have been incidents in the past that have made me consider leaving, but I always end up coming back, and everything always goes back to normal. We're almost kind of like a sitcom.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I'm just that fond of MC. It really is my home-away-from-home. There have been incidents in the past that have made me consider leaving, but I always end up coming back, and everything always goes back to normal. We're almost kind of like a sitcom.
I'm that fond of MC also. Even before I joined, I liked to lurk around and just watch n read. I was there for the premeir of MWoO, and the realease of TMS season 1. And now that I'm involved, its just given me a new way to look at the fourm. You know what I mean?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know what I mean?
I totally know what you mean, that actually seems to be the backstory for a lot of members around here; long-time-lurkers are more common here when I really think about it.

Katzi428

Reaction score
I can't (or should I say won't ) leave MC either! A lot of you are extra special friends to me!
I may have been lax in posting lately.But there's stuff going on that I don't feel comfortable with discussing w/those that I haven't known too long. So try to understand,OK?

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I can't (or should I say won't ) leave MC either! A lot of you are extra special friends to me!
I may have been lax in posting lately.But there's stuff going on that I don't feel comfortable with discussing w/those that I haven't known too long. So try to understand,OK?
I understand Kathy. I know how you feel.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
"I don't know about you, but I'm having a great time!"

Forum members come and go and many come back. It's the way of forums. That's kind of why I have a sort of distaste for the necessary, but gloomy thread about people leaving here. Many people return before I even notice they were gone. Over the past decade many have preached about the end being near for Muppet Central because of this or that, but time has proven that to be a bunch of bunk.

Staff and forum members have life priorities that extend elsewhere and sometimes we focus on that, but most of us come back. With me it's not that there’s nothing better to do – it is that I genuinely enjoy it here most of the time. There will always be irritating people and elements at Muppet Central (as in life) but there’s room for everyone here. The only real clique we have is of the Muppet kind. It has united members across the world here since 1998 and continues to do so!

I am always proud to be a contributor to the site and especially this community. I don’t think there were this many creative people before my long sabbatical. The cartoonists, writers and puppet builders these days have really blown me away! Now that there are so many things happening in the Muppetverse I have no doubt that the forum will have enough topics and members to keep things rolling for a long time to come! :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think that two mods can be a good example for others to follow…IF they follow it. J The problem lies not in the few number of moderators, but in the posts of the multitudes. If members consider their posts carefully before they post, there won’t be a need for policing threads and we can go about our daily routines of being fans and having fun.

There is one main rule I have about posting: If it was said on The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, or Fraggle Rock I will allow it here. There are some rules that ‘rule out’ my main rule and those are found in the forum rules by which we all have to abide. If a title or post is changed because it has some kind of post like this: *&^%, then that has to go. It’s a sample of a covered up cuss word and that is something the forum rules say we don’t do on this family friendly forum.

I agree with Barry Lee that there are too many negative posts; but, there are also fun and interesting posts in the midst of all that and hopefully the negative posts don’t drive him away. MC is my final forum--I won’t hardly post on any other forum, but occasionally do. This is the first forum I ever joined (back in the Delphi days) and so I’ve stuck with it all these years. I hope to be around many more years, and hope that positive posts will outnumber the negative always.

Jamie’s posts are always awesome. His art and contributions to this website have been the tops of everything. I’m a fan of the person and artist he is, and consider him a long-time friend. I would welcome him back as moderator, but can totally understand (Frogboy) if you don’t want to be one again. Oh, I understand it! Ha ha.

I think the “M” Central logo is a cute one, it’s happy and interesting, and can certainly start conversations. I thought about it all last night and it doesn’t have anything to really do with Muppets, but we understand its purpose as fans so I hope to see at least a cafepress.com site go up with this logo on it!

I appreciate everyone’s agreement that membership needs to do their part to make MC a great place to be. And, really, it does lie with the posts that the entire membership makes. It isn’t on the moderation or the owner--it’s you guys. You make the forum what it is. Before posting, consider that. You joined because you’re a fan, and you post as a fan, and your posts are read by other fans, Disney, JHC, and SW--consider what you’re posting when you post and if what you’re posting promotes the unity that Jim tried to teach us.

It will be your posts that make people become a part of this family or drive them away. YOU are important to that number--remember that, gang. D’Snowth--you know it, and I know it, you aren’t allowed to go anywhere. J

And, again, the Foz has to agree with his Froggy--now that there are so many new projects and products coming from the Muppets brand we have so much to discuss that we don’t have to linger in the past and can look forward to the future--and I can’t wait to see what all the wonderful folks have in store for us with these characters we all love so much!

So, instead of focusing on what we see as negative, or wondering why the forum is going downhill, what can we do to keep the posts positive and friendly and welcome everybody into MC as a member of this extended family of brothers, sisters, and friends we all have become and make this a bigger family--one that we all are proud to be a part of now and forever.

It’s up to each one of us, individually and then as a group, to make it happen.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I may be new but in the time I've been here I've only seen the forums growing, not dieing. When I first joined it seemed half of the topics were dusty and hadn't be replied to in months or even years..now things are really hopping! :big_grin:
If I had only known there was a forum about muppets I sooo would have joined years ago...That's what I always suggest though: More ads online to get the word out about MC online. It may be easy to find within the muppets and puppets fandoms but everywhere else I barely hear a peep about it..and I know there are hundreds of fans out there that would join that just don't know MC is even a real forum :smile:!