MC Community: Where is it going?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Clowns are creepy.
I swear, that Sesame Street sketch with the clown taking his makeup off, I used to hide my head every time, the grownups thought I was crazy! Though the clown phobia didn't last long for me for some reason.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Clowns depend on the clown. Walk-arounds are creepy. I distinctly remember going to Disney World in first grade and being petrified of Ratcliffe. <Shudder> But why that one lady I know refuses to acknowledge the dog-like-ish puppet-thing (alright, alright, it's a head with no body or neck or anything, I'm no puppet maker) on my hand, I'll never know... Though I did once know a guy who didn't like puppets because he was creeped out about the puppeteers. Whereas we form obsessive fan clubs for the Muppeteers... :shifty:

And... I have blocked out my very few memories of Chuck E. Cheese. I sleep better at night that way. :stick_out_tongue:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Funny how despite the continued freaked out reaction of kids, they just keep churning this stuff out!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
It's not weird to me, that was my childhood! I cried during an entire Chuckie Cheese party (not kidding, the whole time)! I'm amazed I was a Muppet fan, but somehow I made it through!
That purple furry monster from CeC was very scary. The only Muppets to ever scare me as a kid were Statler after the vend-a-face punched him in the mouth and the old lady who wrestled Kermit. I had an illustrated book that had the latter sketch in it, and I was scared of her in the illustrated medium as well.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The only Muppets to ever scare me as a kid were Statler after the vend-a-face punched him in the mouth
Ooooooh yeah I can see that, lol. :boo:

Btw you can see Richard in the Vend-A-Face's reflection at the beginning. Guess that went unnoticed, but so much the better for fans! :wink:

Redsonga

Reaction score
*takes one of those hook thingies used in stage shows and drags the topic back on topic*

I really don't think this forum is going anywhere bad, really I don't :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I hate to bump this thread, but I need to ask a question.

Phil, awhile ago I sent you two PMs containing my fan-written review of the new Abby in Wonderland DVD. I've still not seen a response from you. I would think that some sort of response isn't too much to be asked, even if you're telling me that you don't want to use my article.

Are the MC staff members the only ones who can write articles for the site now? I'm just confused because of something you said earlier on in this thread:
Phillip Chapman said:
We always need people to help contribute to the site. We have encouraged this from day one and there are some plans being developed to make this process easier and more streamlined.
I was just trying to contribute something that I thought others would benefit from reading and I just wanted to know why nothing ever came from it. If it got lost in the cracks I understand and would be glad to resend it. Thanks Phil! :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Prawny... Would recommend you keep a copy of the article saved in your files. And hey, don't worry... It takes a while for a reply from the higher-ups, they have a full slate what with running this place and their own lives. Heck, I don't think my own name and bio-blurb article have been added to the staff page yet. Hope this helps, at least somewhat buddy. :halo:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Prawny... Would recommend you keep a copy of the article saved in your files. And hey, don't worry... It takes a while for a reply from the higher-ups, they have a full slate what with running this place and their own lives. Heck, I don't think my own name and bio-blurb article have been added to the staff page yet. Hope this helps, at least somewhat buddy. :halo:
Thanks Ed, that did help a bit.

EDIT: And I just got an email from Phil! Good stuff! :big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
I'm glad this was bumped because i missed it first time around, lol. I was actually thinking lately the atmosphere here was getting better and its nice to see a lot more people visiting the forum, its really busy.

I agree on a couple of points tho -

- Something needs to be done to control the sheer amount of general threads coming up. It's overcrowding the Muppet content a bit when you view new posts. It was worse a few months back and is getting better. Yes when you have a general forum you expect general threads but maybe if it was tried to combine and group them as much as possible like the "im leaving" and "post count" threads have been.

- Articles & Reviews - what Phil was saying about streamlining and making the article submission process easier is most encouraging and welcomed. Lots of creative people here, be good to get them involved which was the whole thing which got MC started in the first place. I like Gregs newsflash posts but i'd like to see MC do more than just recycling the Muppet Newsflash, it'd be nice if there was some kind of editorial team to source reviews and articles from forum members, and spell check them for submission to Phil. I also think the main site needs to be updated a lot more - tends to be when something Muppety happens like a TV appearance people are pointed directly to the forum but there oughta be news of it or even possibly a review up or some clips (as the site has the Disney "nod" it seems) as soon as possible. I think that, and having more people submitting stuff would make the main site seem a lot more fresh and updated.

- I'd like to see the Muppetcast featured a bit more or at least promoted on the Muppet Central main site. Whether that be a banner, or possibly have Steve do a 15 or 30 minute monthly Muppetcast Mini-Episode that could be streamed off the MC home page, or rotated on MC Radio, and just rundown generally whats happenin in the world of Muppets/Henson, merchandsise releases etc. I think it would prove to be a good association like the Newsflash has been.

- Mods. I think they do a great job. It would be nice if they were a bit more consistent though. Sometimes things are left to run but others are closed down quickly. There was the time when a Muppeteers facebook was given out and nothing was done but other threads where people just asked for JHC office address and was told MC has a privacy policy against addresses. Overall though i think they have it correct on what to close down and who to ban, 99% of the time the right things are caught!