MC Book Of The Month Discussion

Beauregard

Reaction score
How about a John Grisham? or an Agatha Christie? or a Star Trek?

Beebers

Reaction score
Firecat87 said:
I love the idea of a mc book club/ discussion group. Since we have been going back and forth trying to pick a book to start with, I'd like to pose a suggestion. Perhaps everyone could submit their suggestions for books to read, and then either we could vote on which to start with first, or make some sort of schedule for discussing them. With how busy everyone is with their individual stuff, I'm not sure how reasonable a book a month sounds, but something along those lines. Just an idea.

:big_grin:
Yes, I think we'll need a bit of structure to it. Maybe six weeks, to finish a book? Maybe a Club Secretary, to keep track of things? *raises hand and volunteers*. I like the suggestion-then-vote idea too. We could post a Suggestion Post each time we're ready to start a new book, and we vote, majority rules?
*hopes it's not LOTR needs LOTR break LOL*

:big_grin: :cool: :cool: :big_grin:

And, not to belabor this, but - when we suggest books, or series, if we could just bear in mind that some of us need things to be either library or internet available - money, or lack of it, is a serious issue for me at least right now and perhaps some of the others. It wouldn't really be fair to propose anything which carries expense to it LOL. I for one can't run out and buy books these days, as much as I'd love to. If something new is chosen, though, which isn't in the library yet, I'll recuse myself from that reading round, n/p.

MuppetNewsFlash

Reaction score
What about Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere ( I believe Henson is still in talks to do the work on the film when it comes out ) :big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hows about:

Tom Clancy's Net Force Exploers: Gameprey

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
MuppetNewsFlash said:
What about Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere ( I believe Henson is still in talks to do the work on the film when it comes out ) :big_grin:
I would be totally on-board with that. I've just gotten into Neil Gaiman through his Sandman series--what amazing work! I'd love to read more of his material...

Jennifer12

Reaction score
I like the idea of The Wizard of Oz. It's a classic, so it should be at everyone's library, or easy to get through inter-library loan and someone mentioned it's on the internet.

Maybe we could go through the Muppet-related books? Treasure Island and A Christmas Carol for starters? Then move on to more of the "popular" type books. Or we could mix them all together--switch off between the classics and bestsellers.

Jennifer

jediX

Reaction score
Come on people, didn't TP ALREADY do that?

Beebers

Reaction score
Did they? I've no idea. Does that matter, that they've done it?? Okay, suggestions so far are Neverwhere, Wizard of Oz, something from Grisham, Clancy, Christie, et al., . . . any other ideas? Are we ready to vote yet??

:cool:

jediX

Reaction score
I'm for anything that isn't Wizard Of Oz. And I mean anything.