MB: What happened between seasons 5 and 6?

Slackbot

Reaction score
I usually put on my homebrew Muppet Babies DVDs when I'm working on puppets so I can "watch" with my ears while keeping my eyes on the crafty stuff. I recently got to season 6, and... whoa. It felt as if I wasn't watching the same show. The babies no longer had cooperative adventures together, but spent most of their time bickering. There was no sense of affection or cameraderie between 'em. Everyone was flanderized mercilessly. New characters with, IMO, negative charisma were added. The animation was different. The music was different. Even Nanny sounded like she was getting tired of dealing with the little twerps.

Up to Season 5, the episodes were light, cute fun with moments of real charm and, once in a while, actual pathos. Season 6 just grated on my nerves. It was as if they'd pulled a Ren & Stimpy on 'em, getting rid of the original creative staff and replacing them with people who tried to imitate what made the show succeed, and ended up making a poor imitation of the original show.

I've looked around on the Web, and I could find nothing about this change. So, even though I feel like I'm posting a stoopid question: what the heck happened?

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I noticed the same thing. It's like they got a new score person (not sure what the people who make the music for a show.movie is called) and new people to write the script. I just don't like Season 6. in fact, I only have Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD from bad TV rips. And does anyone have a full version of "Treasure Attic"? It's Season 3, Episode 10.