Maybe Less of a Mystery

fictionalnice

Reaction score
I'll have the rest up later, promise. Hope you liked it! I have to go now, but i'll be back later tonight, just wanted to post this before i left...so...hold tight!:flirt:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I'll have the rest up later, promise. Hope you liked it! I have to go now, but i'll be back later tonight, just wanted to post this before i left...so...hold tight!:flirt:
I am so busy myself. I am doing helping with my mom's homework. (groans)! I wish I wasn't in my mom's kind of mess. (sighs)!

fictionalnice

Reaction score
Authors Note: You guys are awsome! Thanks! Well, I'm back and I promised more! So here's...well...more! :smile:

Kermit was in shock, he never thought the all loving band could take such a deep dislikeness to animal. At this point Janice was crying into Zoot’s shoulder, she had never felt so ashamed of herself. Zoot was silent but he pressed his face into Janice’s blond hair, if you looked close enough you could see tears running down his face.

Dr. Teeth had his head in his hands, his eyes were closed and he looked very troubled, they were all silently glad Floyd wasn’t in the room “I don’t believe this…how could you…you…knew how Floyd felt about animal and yet you still.” Kermit trailed off, he didn’t know what to say this was so low and cruel, so unlike the worldly, hip band, he was awe struck.

Gonzo even looked mad, and for him, that was surprising since he was normally so fun loving. But he didn’t say anything, he just stared at the table. “I know we had no right selling Floyd down the river. And I will never forgive myself for causing what happened. We all knew Floyd was doing well with animal, but we didn’t like animal and…We were selfish and cruel…we knew…about the abuse but we still…”

Dr. Teeth couldn’t continue, his voice had cracked, and he fell silent. Far too ashamed to even lift his head up, Kermit looked around at them in sadness and attempted to help “Well, I know you may have made some mistakes, but you surely redeemed yourself by now.” Z

oot looked up slightly and sighed, but before he could say anything a new voice entered the room “It gets worse.” It was Floyd; he had obviously been standing there for a while, animal was by his side panting and pulling lightly on his chain, Floyd led him to the table “…later that day…”

Floyd laughed as he watched animal try and eat a large clump of weeds, only to splutter and make a sour face. They were sitting together in the sun, under a tree in the park. It was a beautiful summer day, the flowers were in bloom, the birds were chirping and there wasn’t a cloud in the shy.

It was a perfect day; Floyd had his guitar sitting next to him with the case open. He had bought animal a longer chain so he could wander around in the cool fresh grass, but still short enough so Floyd could keep an eye on him. He thought animal was so weird, as he watched animal rub his hands through the grass.

Animal growled in approval, he then began the rub his face into the soft grass, liking the soothing feeling against his skin. Laughing animal ripped up some of the grass Floyd made a loud whistling sound to get animals attention “Animal! Come here!” animal looked up and immediately crawled over to Floyd’s side; he was covered in grass stains and seemed to be in a very pleasant mood, which was rare for animal.

He was normally very rambunctious, wild, full of energy and just so hard to control and to calm down. But every now and then Floyd would be able to calm animal down just enough to have just a docile, quite day. Animal panted his eyes sparkling, “Foid!” he cried out,

Floyd patted animals head and laughed “Good animal! Good!” This simple statement, while it sounded weird to anyone else, brought so much happiness to animal. His eyes grew wide and he began to furiously nuzzle Floyd under the chin as he barked out laughs repeating “GOOD! GOOD! GOOD!!!”

Floyd laughed loudly at Animals reaction. Picking up his guitar Floyd watched as animal looked from the instrument to Floyd, knowing exactly what to expect. Eager animal inched closer, he loved listening to Floyd play him music on his guitar. Plucking a few notes Floyd began to play a few beetles song’s, animal listened with happiness.

And for a few good hours of bliss the two just sat there in the sun, as Floyd sang animal songs. Completely unaware as to what yet was to come. It was a perfect day, but all perfect days must come to an end.

fictionalnice

Reaction score
more tommorow sometime, either in the morning or in the evening, but deffinately tommorow! Promise! :sing:

fictionalnice

Reaction score
Authors Note: Sorry this took so long, I had such a busy day! But, like I promised here it is! Enjoy and comment please! :big_grin::sing::flirt::cool::halo: (I want there to be a Lips icon)
Chapter #12

Animal walked ahead of Floyd as they headed home together, “What an awesome day,” Floyd commented, he held onto animals chain loosely his guitar hanging over his shoulder.

They had a great time in the park; nothing went wrong, unlike the last time Floyd took animal out for a walk. Animal had spotted a large dog running alongside its owner and attempted to chase after the dog. But today they had a very calm, serene day together.

“Nothing went wrong. It’s almost so hard to believe, usually something will go wrong…but you were very well behaved today animal. I’m proud of you,” Animal could hear Floyd speaking, but didn’t quite understand what he was talking about.

So animal just kept on walking down the street as Floyd babbled on an on. He didn’t even understand what Floyd was saying, but as he listened to his tone animal could tell he wasn’t mad, so the only thing he knew was that Floyd was happy.

That was how animal communicated with others, he listened to how they spoke, sometimes he could pick up the meanings on a few words. He also watched for body language and sent helped clue him in on emotion, so all in all he could get by.

When they arrived home Floyd stopped dead in his tracks, pulling animal back with him, there was a large van in his driveway. Looking down at animal, whom was standing next to him, then around the yard, Floyd continued to walk up toward his front door in slight confusion.

What was the van doing there, his father didn’t own a van, he drove a car. Opening the front door Floyd called out “Pop!! Pop?!!” but the sight that met him was one that would stay with him for the rest of his life. His father was sitting on the couch, with Dr. Teeth, Zoot and Janice sitting around him and an all too familiar man sitting on the recliner.

Floyd slowly pulled animal closer as he whispered “James…” taking a few steps back Floyd asked, his voice quivering “what’s going on?” Ben cleared his throat, anger clearly etched on his face “Floyd, son, we need to talk.” Animal had ducked behind Floyd, clearly afraid of James, his old tamer. Floyd furrowed his brow in confusion and fear “What? I don’t-”

Ben cut his son off “Son, you lied to me.” Floyd’s eyes widened to a great extent. That had been a month ago, looking around at his friends Floyd knew immediately that they had sold him out even before his father confirmed it.

“Your friends here, told me that you won this…thing, off of James here.” Floyd never heard his father speak to him like this before, he must have been very angry. Licking his lips Floyd attempted to defend himself “Dad…I, I know, but he-” Ben slapped the arm of the couch and jumped to his feet “Floyd! That thing is a monster! That’s why he was with a wild animal tamer! Because it is DANGEROUS!!! When will you get that through your head!?”

Floyd flinched, as he felt animal whimper into his shirt. Wrapping his arms around animal Floyd whispered that it was ok, to him. “Dad, he isn’t! I can tame him…I-I- Practically have!! He wasn’t safe with him!” Ben groaned, running a hand through his hair

“Floyd, that thing has to go! Today! Now! I’ve been talking to James and you STOLE HIM!” Floyd’s jaw dropped, that is not what happened! Shaking his head Floyd shot an imploring look at his friends “What?! NO! I never!” Floyd combed animal’s long unruly hair with his fingers, taking a few steps back as he pleaded with his friends

“Tell them! Please!” but to his complete surprise, not one of his friends denied this utter lie “No…pop no. you can’t let him take animal! I won’t let you!” his back hit the door railing of the staircase as Floyd tried to back up more. “I don’t want to result to force, but I will if I have to…how can I trust you son?” ben said in a disappointed whisper crossing his arms over his chest, Floyd felt as though he had just been slapped in the face, but his voice grew soft as he continued to speak

“Son, this thing isn’t a gentle house pet. He’s wild and dangerous, and while he may seem fun now that will not last forever. He will get older and wilder, he doesn’t belong here. It’s far too risky, you don’t have a choice. He has to go.” Ben studied his son for a moment “Son I know you meant well, but he doesn’t belong to you. And whether you like it or not there is reason animal tamers exist.”

James took this moment to speak up, with a smile; this was going exactly the way he wanted it to “I never said you could take him. I clearly stated that you won a prize that consisted of 200 tickets; you stole my prize animal from me. But, there is no need to get the authorities involved just give him back and we can forget all about this.”

There was something about James disposition that told Floyd very clearly that he wasn’t someone to trust, he was flat out lying. But, no one could prove it. Besides, Floyd remembered far too well how James treated animal. “pop, no…you can’t do this…he needs me.” Floyd tried to speak louder but his throat felt like it was closing up he was cornered and there was nothing he could do. Animal was going to be taken away, and not one of his friends did a thing to help.