Master Thesis on Sesame Street

ann

Reaction score
hey!
Im new here and I would like to ask for help for my Master thesis on Sesame Street.
I graduated with a bachelor thesis on Sesame Street in Israel and Palestine analyzing how children television shows war and differences (multiculturalism, acceptance and so on) in situations like the israeli-palestinian.

Now i would like to continue this "project" on Sesame Street and focus my Master thesis on Sesame Stree in South Africa, following more or less the same "thesis-model". I will focus in particular on multiculturalism, multilingualism, collaboration, hiv and so, the main themes in Takalani Sesame related also to my African Studies Master.

Dont hesitate to suggest any kind of source material and feel free to comment and express your own idea. everything will be useful for my thesis work!

Thanks in advance.
Ann.

(I feel sorry from the outset for my english, im an italian in Sweden, then, you could imagine, i speak more or less like the swedish chef.. hihihi!:smile: )

RedPiggy

Reaction score
It'd be helpful to get clips, I guess. Find people who live in South Africa and talk to them on the internet?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Have you seen the documentary The World According to Sesame Street?

ann

Reaction score
wow! no, i havent seen the documentary, i will manage to get it somehow. thanks for the tip!
And RedPiggy, i have a collegue who is married with a south african man, she went in SA during xmas holidays and she told me she didnt find anything.. :frown: too bad.. it was my source of information.. :S

Thanks guys!
I have to present my object on thursday, i hope it will be fine even if i know it will be difficult to find information about it, it has been difficult also for the bachelor thesis.. But i really love SST and i really want to study it! :smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Perhaps educational journals might also have something.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
That is an interesting thesis. I'm impressed with the bachelor you graduated with from the Israeli and Palastininan shows. (Very cool!)
Good Luck with your presentation!
If you need any info you can check stuff up on Muppet Wiki.
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Muppet_Wiki

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
wow! no, i havent seen the documentary, i will manage to get it somehow. thanks for the tip!
No problem! It's definitely worth it, there's so much information on Sesame Street's various projects around the world. And also talks about what a success story the South African show had been. :smile:

ann

Reaction score
thank you guys! Do you have some tips to find more clips and videos than on sesameworkshop and youtube?

Thank you Muppet Fun 123, sometimes I really need some encouragements: all around Europe SST is not so well known and seen as a good study field..

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
thank you guys! Do you have some tips to find more clips and videos than on sesameworkshop and youtube?
The website WorldCat.org lets you type in an item or subject and shows you all the libraries that have copies of that item worldwide. You could see if there's anything close to you. Or contact a library and ask what their policy is for sending you scans of text or images, etc.

ann

Reaction score
wow! where did I live during all this time? I didnt know it :smile:
it's really true that we are gonna learn something new everyday! Thanks.. :smile:

In these two days im gonna write something for the presentation, im really curious to see the reaction of my colleagues and my prefessor :smile: