Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
KermieBaby47, the correction picture you did made me wanna buy Gonzo! I hope MR take into account these changes......impossible thing to ask them to do seeing as Gonzo will be getting made soon. I just want my Gonzo replica to look as good as my Gonzo 2 by Palisades

lithiumbrain

Reaction score
I agree...We all need to do our part and start some sort of petition or at least just follow up emails. We have to stay on top of them about the changes. They are a busy group of people, and sometimes dollar signs and deadlines take precedence over fans....especially when working with Disney. Unfortunately, there are only a select group of us who are hardcore insane fans with the eye to catch small detail. Most people who bought Kermit think he is perfect. I can think of 3 small tweaks that MR could have made to him to make him perfect. He is nice, but not perfect. Same with Animal. Animal is not going to look any better or worse that the Comic Con proto. I know that the MR staff that post here on Muppet Central, really do care about this line and us as fans, but they don't have the ultimate final say on the products.

Telly

Reaction score
I do like KermieBaby's tweeks to the original photo. As far as the color of the suit, I plan on dressing him in his 80's khakis and sweater vest (somehow).

MWoO

Reaction score
eye focus definatly helped. The suit color is not off exactly, Gonzo did wear a suit that looked like that sometimes, but his classic suit that most remmeber is the darker purple/maroon suit.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I sent my email out. Pretty much said what my previous post did. I didn't go into the nose as much, but acknowledged their tireless efforts as it is (in shape, texture, color and shading) the central part of the character. :concern:

I also pointed to the Mega Gonzo (or Gonzo S5+) for reference.

I hope this helps! :eek:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
KermieBaby47, the correction picture you did made me wanna buy Gonzo! I hope MR take into account these changes......impossible thing to ask them to do seeing as Gonzo will be getting made soon. I just want my Gonzo replica to look as good as my Gonzo 2 by Palisades

Comparing the Palisades plastic toy is nothing to compare to a actual replica. That is like comparing a plastic orange to a real one. Just does not add up. At least you can go back to the platic toy and repaint the suit. You cannot change too much on something like a replica unless you are a pro at it. I sent Amy some emails.......like pictures of the original Gonzo photo puppet. I hope this gets through to someone there. We all should send some emails to get this through to them.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Comparing the Palisades plastic toy is nothing to compare to a actual replica. That is like comparing a plastic orange to a real one. Just does not add up. At least you can go back to the platic toy and repaint the suit. You cannot change too much on something like a replica unless you are a pro at it. I sent Amy some emails.......like pictures of the original Gonzo photo puppet. I hope this gets through to someone there. We all should send some emails to get this through to them.
In the end - a likeness is a likeness. I think what's being said here is that fans would like the same quality of likeness in the product as Palisades' figures - not that it would actually be a figure. They should go back to Terry's prototype for proportion issues, but the figure's nose curvature can be used just as well. The issue with photography is that you can only see things in one perspective. It appears whatever method MR has been using has degraded the initial design of the prototype. They might consider a different approach or bringing in Terry again. :concern:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I just hope that maybe someone at MR will hear us. I think this would make a great impact on the replica itself. I know that I am going to do all I can to find someone at MR who will actually listen to us even though Travis no longer reads has time to read these boards anymore. I might have another trick up my sleeve, but first, I want to see what Amy says first, then go from there.

I am wondering if I write an email to Micheal Cookson that this might also help. I know Amy is customer service, but I do not know how far she will take this, or how far she is to go with this. Let's all keep our fingers crossed and wich for the best.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Of course it adds up.....taking your example an plastic orange should look like a real orange!The Gonzo figure was spot in in a lot of peoples options and MR need to start listening to US all on this board! I will still get Gonzo

Luke

Reaction score
I saw a few photos of Gonzo over a year ago, he actually looked better then. I had heard from someone "in the loop" over these that they had to make some kind of compromise with Disney over the materials but i guess that doesn't count for the dimension issues people have raised. I hope they can still change some stuff, but i know they have spent ages trying to get it right so maybe this is a case of the best they can get. No idea why the suit isn't the correct color - they really need to get that changed. One thing i'm for sure on is that Fozzie Bear will be the best one they make, he is a definite must for me. Gonzo i will probably pass on.

The Palisades figure, for me, was the ultimate Gonzo i've seen anywhere bar none.

Status
Not open for further replies.