Marge Simpson: Next Playboy Cover Girl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
First off, I want to say I hope this isn't something I shouldn't bring up, since I'm aware and support that this is a family fourm. But I just had to share this.

Ok I just found out about this and I can't believe Bart, Lisa and Maggie's mother is set to appear in the November issue of Playboy Magazine.

Appearing due to low sales of the well known adult magazine has been suffering some lower sales, so they're turning to the Simpsons to get 20 something young men interested.

I'm sorry, but I have to say, this is an issue I must pick up. This is the first time a cartoon character appeared in the pages of the grown magazine. I find it totally amazing. :smile:. Can't wait for it and I honestly never buy this magazine.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, this is the absolute most bizarre and unusual thing I have ever heard about, and frankly, the whole idea of putting a cartoon character on the cover of a magazine like that is a little... "eeky"...

And if anyone says anything along the lines of "And this is coming from the guy who has some 'suggestive' drawings of Jeanette Miller on his deviantART gallery"... oh shut up.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, this is the absolute most bizarre and unusual thing I have ever heard about, and frankly, the whole idea of putting a cartoon character on the cover of a magazine like that is a little... "eeky"...
I'll say this... it seems COPLETELY out of place in the US. Sure, we've all stumbled upon some questionable images on Deviant art (mostly of Sonic characters), but to see an American cartoon character appear naked OFFICIALLY (in America) is quite bizarre.

Then again, if you saw the Simpsons movie... well, you've seen something you'd never see on American Television. It all goes to censorship laws and stuff... The Simpsons DID appear naked in an official French commercial for laundry detergent (so I'm told).

I almost want to buy this... not to actually open it up and look at it, but just the fact it's a Simpsons collectible.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'll say this... it seems COPLETELY out of place in the US. Sure, we've all stumbled upon some questionable images on Deviant art (mostly of Sonic characters), but to see an American cartoon character appear naked OFFICIALLY (in America) is quite bizarre.

Then again, if you saw the Simpsons movie... well, you've seen something you'd never see on American Television. It all goes to censorship laws and stuff... The Simpsons DID appear naked in an official French commercial for laundry detergent (so I'm told).

I almost want to buy this... not to actually open it up and look at it, but just the fact it's a Simpsons collectible.
And now I'm reminded of a quote that Computer once said to Courage when it helped him because a licensed therapist...

"And so, Western Civilization crumbles..."

Fluffets

Reaction score
I don't mean to seem like a weirdo:concern: but this actually intrigues me, but not surprises me, from what knoledge I have, anything can happen in america, and everything does! But I agree with JanicesMainDude that would be interesting, heck if your that inteested, check this out!

The only thing about this that irratates me is that janice's skin colour is changed from orange to yellow!

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know... I wonder why this didn't happen sooner... After all, Hugh Hefner, the head of the magazine, was a guest waaaaaay back in the 90's in "Krusty gets Kancelled"

JJandJanice

Reaction score
You know... I wonder why this didn't happen sooner... After all, Hugh Hefner, the head of the magazine, was a guest waaaaaay back in the 90's in "Krusty gets Kancelled"
Well the whole reason Playboy is doing this is because their magizine has seen some all time low sales. I guess back in the 90s all was right in the world of Playboy, so why fix what's not broken? Fast forward to 2009, I guess with the rise of the interent and all it can offer, well the magizine just dosen't seem like much any more. I guess you can consider it "jumping the shark" for the magizine. I think this is either going to be a hit or a miss for the magizine myself. Plus it ties in with the 20th anniverisary of the Simpsons.

I also can't help but wonder if this magizine does sell well, does that mean we should expect for cartoons becoming playmates. I can totally see Lois Griffen (mother on Family Guy) being next in line for this. :confused:

As for the whole idea for a Janice issue, I have to admit, that would grab my interested as well. :flirt::smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ironically, I believe there's a popular artist on deviantART who has a base for "Playtoon" magazine covers, lol.

I remember seeing a pic where one guy used a pic he did of Nazz from Ed, Edd n Eddy as a French maid for a Playtoon cover, lolz.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ironically, I believe there's a popular artist on deviantART who has a base for "Playtoon" magazine covers, lol.
Ah, Deviant art... where you can find risque drawings of all the Sonic the Hedgehog characters, morbidly obese Princess Toadstools, and all the cheap fan made hentai in the WRONG search! :big_grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.