Make... a tiny LABCOAT?!

Meep

Reaction score
As we all know, Beaker wears a rather stunning, fashionable lab coat. Problem is, I have to make a Beaker puppet... and the lab coat. My mum can basically sew but she won't have a clue how to make it!

I realize this is probably a long shot, but does anyone here know where to get a pattern for a long men's coat or jacket, even in human size? I could use that and alter it a bit and shrink the pattern to make it a lab coat. At this point I'm desperate! I was almost going to use a barbie doll dress pattern! (of course, it had to be the one on that site that wasn't free :smirk: )

I'm so exausted, I've checked every website I can get my hands on and nothing has what I need that isn't a pay site. :sleep:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Not sure if they have Fabricland out west, but they carry lots of patterns for clothing. All fabric stores do actually. You could probably get a good pattern for a few dollars.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Not only can you get a pattern for a man's long coat at a fabric store, you can get a pattern for a lab coat. Look in Butterick, Simplicity, or McCalls pattern books. They have sections for uniforms that generally include lab coats as well as sections for men's clothing. If you can find an appropriate pattern in the costume section, those patterns tend to be simpler than regular clothing patterns. Just avoid Vogue patterns as they're more difficult.

A lab coat is really pretty simple to make. JoAnn Fabrics or Hancock Fabrics or Fabric World or New York Fabrics will all carry the patterns and regularly put them on sale. Don't go to a specialty fabric store, like a quilting store, because they often don't carry clothing patterns and their prices tends to be higher.