Major Muppet Movie news

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
<<<Hmmm...not a bad idea. I'd rather the plot be about the Muppets themselves than about the Muppets playing other characters.<<<

I agree, I never liked the Muppets playing other characters, even Bobo being called Rentro? please.

And a Muppet Xmas movie might do well. A Muppet series, however....no. Those days are over. And so it goes...<<<

Oh man...just imagine what the right zany ideas could bring forth? I have ideas myself for on the street live segments, but thats just me. I would hate to see a return to vaudeville broadway stuff. That would just be a nail in the coffin.

and of course scooter has to have a sizeable role in this special!
course he cant say his uncle owns the theatre anymore!
Just to be asking...what if they brought back Scooter, but the voice was different? I mean, the Kermit voice isn't quite Jim's, and Rowlf, forget it, and Statler and Waldorf in the "Denny's" commercial don't sound right at all (at least to me)...would it faze you if Scooter came back with a different voice?

beaker

Reaction score
>>>but i'm not impressed with the others. Whoopi Goldberg, Carson Daly, Rachel Hunter and Snoop Dog are all cheap bookings who'll go to the opening of an envelope.<<<

Im not impressed at all. this might have worked in the mid 90 MT era, but now? just makes it look kind of 'well, they were all we could get'. Heck, if they wanna go in this direction, they could prolly afford to get Sly Stallone now that he is officially straight to video(see: http://www.cinescape.com/0/editoria...tion=page&type_id=&cat_id=270338&obj_id=35496 )

Then again I can think of plenty of c/d/f rate celebs I would just cringe if they got(gilbert godfried, fran dreisher, rip taylor)

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Just to be asking...what if they brought back Scooter, but the voice was different? I mean, the Kermit voice isn't quite Jim's, and Rowlf, forget it, and Statler and Waldorf in the "Denny's" commercial don't sound right at all (at least to me)...would it faze you if Scooter came back with a different voice?<<<

Yes I am a blind lifelong fan of the Muppets, but I am also able to notice when criticism is needed. Statler and Waldorf...man, doesnt sound like them at all in the Dennys, but it was great seeing them. Rowlf and stat/wal sounded more like themselves at Muppetfest...but weezer and denny's...hmmm, not sure.
On the contrary tho, Kermit and Piggy to me sound 100% right, dead on, and great chemistry as ever. Weve heard a new teeth(kennedy) and new rowlf. a new scooter? Hey, Scooter needs to be broguht back, no matter how he sounds!

Luke

Reaction score
I think they are doing a pretty good job with the voices - certainly whatever was in Muppets Racemania was more than enough to satisfy any casual muppet fan - it's only really the hardcores who would notice most of the time.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I think they are doing a pretty good job with the voices - certainly whatever was in Muppets Racemania was more than enough to satisfy any casual muppet fan - it's only really the hardcores who would notice most of the time<<<

hey, i personally think steve and eric respectively got kermit and piggy down to a science!

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I personally don't think Steve's Kermit voice is deep enough (even after 10+ years), but man, he certainly has the spirit of the frog in his performances.

I remember that it seemed so weird in MCC (Steve's first real performance) to see the new Kermit, and I thought he was way off. But after watching the hurricane episode of SS (the one from the A&E Bio last year), I've realized that he is much more calm and relaxed, and his Kermit is actually quite good - regardless of the voice. Especially seeing him do Kermit behind the scenes on the A&E Bio w/ Al Roker.

- Billy :cool:

Struble

Reaction score
Oh no, Carson Daly. pleasebeacameoandnotafeaturedrole,pleasebeacameoandnotafeaturedrole,pleasebeacameoandnotafeaturedrole,pleasebeacameoandnotafeaturedrole,pleasebeacameoandnotafeaturedrole,pleasebeacameoandnotafeaturedrole,pleasebeacameoandnotafeaturedrole,pleasebeacameoandnotafeaturedrole,pleasebeacameoandnotafeaturedrole,pleasebeacameoandnotafeaturedrole.

And I just caught the Statler and Waldorf commercial today. The voices are |way| off. But I guess I'd rather have the voices be off and get used to a new voice than have the characters disapear entirely.

Sh. watched the Statler and Waldorf commercial over and over thanks to his roommates Tivo. :smile:

doctort13

Reaction score
I hope that this get's released on DVD.

I too think that Steve has grown into Kermit's character, and agree his voice is higher than Jim's.
We must give the other puppeteers a chance to "grow into" their characters. Remember that Jim, Frank, and Richard had LOTS of time to develop their characters over the years. Without a regular series for them to work on it will take some time. If MT wasn't canceled and given a chance to grow I feel that the puppeteers would be that much further into their characters.

I'm sticking with them.:smile:

Luke

Reaction score
I hope that this is gonna come to the UK sometime before 2004 but i doubt it. Any news anyone ?