Major Muppet Movie news

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Today TV Guide.com has posted an update on the Muppet Christmas Movie for NBC this Dec.:

MUPPET MANIA!: NBC has lined up an all-star cast for A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, the first-ever made-for-television Muppet film. Whoopi Goldberg, Joan Cusack and David Arquette will join Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy and the rest of the gang in the pic, which airs in December and finds America's favorite frog fighting to save the Muppet Theater from a Scroogish bank owner. Look for cameos by Sir Michael Caine, William H. Macy, Snoop Dogg, Carson Daly, Kelly Ripa, Jon Stewart and Rachel Hunter.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
A Scroogish fellow and Michael Caine? I think I've seen this one before...

:big_grin:

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Yeah, The Muppet Christmas Carol! LOL!:big_grin: I wonder what Carson going do, "Hey Carson here, welcome to TR....umm." "Wait a second this isn't TRL!" insert falling chickens on Carson's head.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Miss Piggy and the rest of the gang in the pic, which airs in December and finds America's favorite frog fighting to save the Muppet Theater from a Scroogish bank owner<<<

HOLY COW! This film takes place in actual Muppet canon/continuity??? I seriously had the impression it was to be some montage of 'xmas film satires'(ie: like not another teen movie or naked gun) strung together as a film, or some kind of MCC like thing. hmmm!

So I guess JP Grosse is out of the theatre-landlord scene!

Im just curious as to *who* muppet wise might be in this as far as surprises? Uncle Matt? JHH characters?(like in MFS?) hmmmm

Ryan

Reaction score
SNOOP DOG????? :eek:
Has JHC gone INSANE?!!!

That's pretty scary..... :wink:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
If the Muppet Theater is involved, I have two words:

Scoo-ter!

(ok, so it's one word, but that sounded a lot cooler in my head!)

Luke

Reaction score
Well i guess Michael Caine is making the Scroogish cameo then .......... but i'm not impressed with the others. Whoopi Goldberg, Carson Daly, Rachel Hunter and Snoop Dog are all cheap bookings who'll go to the opening of an envelope. I guess the budget is very low but the plot sounds promising, so i hope they've put the money into the muppet side of things because i'm getting Hollywood Hogan feelings ! ;-)

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bean Bunny
Today TV Guide.com has posted an update on the Muppet Christmas Movie for NBC this Dec.:

MUPPET MANIA!: NBC has lined up an all-star cast for A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, the first-ever made-for-television Muppet film. Whoopi Goldberg, Joan Cusack and David Arquette will join Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy and the rest of the gang in the pic, which airs in December and finds America's favorite frog fighting to save the Muppet Theater from a Scroogish bank owner. Look for cameos by Sir Michael Caine, William H. Macy, Snoop Dogg, Carson Daly, Kelly Ripa, Jon Stewart and Rachel Hunter.
Hmmm...not a bad idea. I'd rather the plot be about the Muppets themselves than about the Muppets playing other characters. And a Muppet Xmas movie might do well. A Muppet series, however....no. Those days are over. And so it goes...

beaker

Reaction score
<<<Hmmm...not a bad idea. I'd rather the plot be about the Muppets themselves than about the Muppets playing other characters.<<<

I agree, I never liked the Muppets playing other characters, even Bobo being called Rentro? please.

And a Muppet Xmas movie might do well. A Muppet series, however....no. Those days are over. And so it goes...<<<

Oh man...just imagine what the right zany ideas could bring forth? I have ideas myself for on the street live segments, but thats just me. I would hate to see a return to vaudeville broadway stuff. That would just be a nail in the coffin.

and of course scooter has to have a sizeable role in this special!
course he cant say his uncle owns the theatre anymore!