Major Changes in store for Sesame Street Season 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
True. Remember for a while there, a chicken mistaking Rocco for an egg and trying to hatch it was becoming a once a season thing?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know that they have a very fleeting demographic and all, but that one was ridiculous. But not as bad as the once a season guessing game. Sometimes twice a season, like that lame birdwatching episode where Bert appeared for 2 minutes at the beginning and 30 seconds at the end airing the same season as the "Guess the Amphibian" game.

Or worse... that season about Engineering that had the episode where the had to reenforce Little Red Riding Hood's baskets from the Big Bad Wolf, only to be followed by an episode where the three little pigs have to reenforce their house from the Big Bad Wolf. Really? Even then, storywise the Pigs episode made sense.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There was some kind of conspiracy behind the whole engineering propaganda, I just know there was. Because around the time that season was on was also when Bill Nye made a sudden comeback on YT and pleaded with parents and teachers to stop teaching kids about creation and teach them about evolution, because evolution is somehow directly linked with engineering, and by not teaching kids about evolution, they won't develop an interesting in engineering, which the entire field was somehow in a state of unrest because apparently they were having trouble filling jobs or something.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Sometimes twice a season, like that lame birdwatching episode where Bert appeared for 2 minutes at the beginning and 30 seconds at the end airing the same season as the "Guess the Amphibian" game.
Excuse my know-it-all attitude, but the Amphibian episode was from Season 40, and the Birdwatching episode (which I agree about it being lame) was from Season 41.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There was some kind of conspiracy behind the whole engineering propaganda, I just know there was. Because around the time that season was on was also when Bill Nye made a sudden comeback on YT and pleaded with parents and teachers to stop teaching kids about creation and teach them about evolution, because evolution is somehow directly linked with engineering, and by not teaching kids about evolution, they won't develop an interesting in engineering, which the entire field was somehow in a state of unrest because apparently they were having trouble filling jobs or something.
We need engineers and scientists to be competitive with other countries. Hopefully they'll manage to have enough of those jobs when this generation of kids actually does that stuff. Our technological advances shouldn't be stuck on
making bacon smells come out of iPhones.

And while the whole debate is muddied by very devious far righters, Creationism shouldn't be taught in schools any more than evolution should be taught in church. There are religious people that do indeed believe in evolution, and it doesn't take any of the positive messages out of it. Meanwhile, the Machiavellian schemes by far right politicians who want to spread scientific ignorance disguised as holiness (for various nasty motives, corporate and fear mongering) are far removed from what true Christianity is. Unless you're taking a religious studies course, those kids of beliefs don't belong anywhere else outside of their own religion.

Seriously. Saying "God did it" isn't even something that can be taught, no matter what anyone believes.

Excuse my know-it-all attitude, but the Amphibian episode was from Season 40, and the Birdwatching episode (which I agree about it being lame) was from Season 41.
Either way, that "Bert" episode sucked. Those seasons were kinda lousy, actually (not entirely, though). The nature curriculum was the most repetitive and formulaic of all the curricula, and little of it was entertaining or enjoyable. It went to the same exact fountain of idea (notice the lack of pluralization). Animals eat different things. Animals make different sounds. Animals leave different footprints. All with the "let's guess what they [eat/sound like/leave as footprints]" with little variation. Taking aside the fact that everyone thinks kids looooooove nature programs (I'll spare you that rant or we'll be here all day), they were far more anvilicious about this concept than the panicky health and wellness initiative they bludgeoned everyone with. There's enough Nature Programming out there (again, mercifully sparing you that rant), Sesame Street didn't need to devote 2 seasons to it. Two seasons made of the exact same episode!

ssetta

Reaction score
I saw some pics on Twitter and Instagram of some of the celebrities that will be on in Season 46. Among those are Gina Rodriguez, Gwen Stefani, and the group Fifth Harmony. I'm guessing they're Word on the Street segments because it says they were filmed in LA. Though I'm a bit surprised since these people are very similar to Katy Perry, and she got pulled off the show.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The Katy Perry thing had nothing to do with her; it was her outfit. From the photos I've seen, all the ladies are wearing conservative clothing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Still love the irony that her wearing a body suit underneath made it actually worse somehow.

That said, at the risk of being that guy, anytime there's an update on April first, I gloss over it. It's usually the same gags anyway. Don't want to ruin anyone's fun by any means, and not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, but we all need to step up our game and do something truly brilliant as a AF gag.

samusek2

Reaction score
I saw some pics on Twitter and Instagram of some of the celebrities that will be on in Season 46. Among those are Gina Rodriguez, Gwen Stefani, and the group Fifth Harmony. I'm guessing they're Word on the Street segments because it says they were filmed in LA. Though I'm a bit surprised since these people are very similar to Katy Perry, and she got pulled off the show.
That is strange. I've seen their Twitter during this LA trip and most of the people they are filming with except for Gina Rodriguez and Tracee Ellis Ross are musicians. Do they usually go to California to tape the Word on The Streets and the majority of those, judging by the past few years feature actors and hosts. Do they also film musical segments as well? Plus I would think they would film more than just 4 a day with a Three-day trip?

I wonder if they are actually not telling us the whole story and saving some surprise guests for the big reveal around July. Also, we have heard nothing about what they filmed or who they filmed with in NYC. Hmm... I guess we will just have to wait for the press pack!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That is strange. I've seen their Twitter during this LA trip and most of the people they are filming with except for Gina Rodriguez and Tracee Ellis Ross are musicians. Do they usually go to California to tape the Word on The Streets and the majority of those, judging by the past few years feature actors and hosts. Do they also film musical segments as well? Plus I would think they would film more than just 4 a day with a Three-day trip?
In the past couple of years they've been doing some musical segments taped in LA (like the Usher and Romeo Santos ones).

Status
Not open for further replies.