Major Changes in store for Sesame Street Season 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Still wondering about any format changes, rather than the rebuilt street set. Anyone else?

That's essentially how Moishe Oofnik lived. Betchya they got the idea from that. It's not like they don't sell metal trash cans anymore, but I'mn hardpressed to fins anyone who actually buys/uses them.
Sure, I'm wondering about that as well. Has there been any official word as to what they are going to be doing with say Abby's flying fairy school?

Drtooth

Reaction score
muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Season_46_(2015)

Is all the info anyone has. Just a few guest stars are listed. That's about it. No wonder on any of the new segments or if AFFS has finally been mothballed. I doubt it, but it would be nice to see that segment disappear. But, like I said before, it's not like they have a lot to fill it with.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm seeing on FB more and more people counting on the changes to the set to revert back in the years to come.

That begs the question though, like Season 33, if they're going to spend time, effort, and certainly money on these changes, only to revert them back in the following years, what's the point of having the changes in the first place?

That said, as I mentioned previously, these changes are so drastic and clearly a lot of effort was put into them, that I really don't see them changing back any time soon. Oscar's can, maybe . . . the return of the construction doors, perhaps . . . but everything else, I have a feeling they'll stick around for a while.

Again, I'm honestly surprised nothing else is in the laundromat by now: in one season, that place was a library and a pet store, and it went back to being the Fix-It-Shop four years after it was changed to the Mail-It-Shop.

EDIT: SST is sharing pics of the new set changes on FB now, and there's one pic that I can't figure out at all:

What is this? Did the street suddenly turn into some kind of of old-timey French bistreaux at one end?

Last edited:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
It almost looks like a back door to the Fix it shop maybe?

cahuenga

Reaction score
its the back door of Susan and Gordon´s house.. where the garden near the garage used to be...

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
OK, so it's been confirmed that Elmo will now be living on the first floor of 123. But now we learn that Cookie Monster will be living above Hooper's. So...if Bob remains on the show, where is HE going to live?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ha ha that is so sad it's almost funny!

I think for us older fans someone needs to do a map of Sesame Street that shows where everyone lives.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only ones I've ever known for sure are:

- Bob lives in the upper apartment of the tenament building that houses Hooper's and the Fix-It-Shop.
- Elmo lives in the top floor of the two-story brick apartment building that sat behind the fence of the arbor.
- Either Zoe or Gina (the former, I believe) live in the top floor of the back-end apartments behind the garden in back of the arbor.
- Telly lives on the bottom floor of the same building.
- Maria and Luis live in the top floor of 123.
- Gordon and Susan live on the main floor.
- Ernie and Bert live in the basement.
- Oscar lives in his can beside the stoop.
- Big Bird's nest is in the vacant lot next to 123.
- The Count's castle and Baby Bear's cottage are outside Sesame Street, but close enough for them to visit very frequently.

Schfifty

Reaction score
The only ones I've ever known for sure are:

- Bob lives in the upper apartment of the tenament building that houses Hooper's and the Fix-It-Shop.
- Elmo lives in the top floor of the two-story brick apartment building that sat behind the fence of the arbor.
- Either Zoe or Gina (the former, I believe) live in the top floor of the back-end apartments behind the garden in back of the arbor.
- Telly lives on the bottom floor of the same building.
- Maria and Luis live in the top floor of 123.
- Gordon and Susan live on the main floor.
- Ernie and Bert live in the basement.
- Oscar lives in his can beside the stoop.
- Big Bird's nest is in the vacant lot next to 123.
- The Count's castle and Baby Bear's cottage are outside Sesame Street, but close enough for them to visit very frequently.
Out of the main Muppet characters you mentioned, I'm surprised Grover isn't there. Has he ever had an official residence on the show? I don't remember if he's had one or not, but I don't think Grover would ever be considered homeless.

Status
Not open for further replies.