Mahna Mahna on Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper commercial

Dantecat

Reaction score
I really hope this airs during the commercial break of the super bowl! :big_grin: :wink:

elweasel

Reaction score
Dr Pepper commercial song

I believe that the song is Mah Na Mah Na by Pero Umiliani. The song is the theme of "Sweden: Heaven or ****" a shockamentary from the late 60's.Became a hit song in Europe. Pero later named his boat "Mah Na Mah Na"
The song was also used by Benny Hill. Jim Henson hear the song in Europe and used it in both Seaseme Street and the Muppets. I guess only the ad people know the truth.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
That's correct, Henson didn't originate the song. The original song is a great recording as well.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
it is a great song no doubt about it, i think the one most americans are familiar with is Jims, but it has been done many times by many different artists, even the band CAKE did a version for a childrens album about 5 years ago,

i remember a now non existant radio station played about 40 different versions as a tribute.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I still don't understand the ad, sorry. I can't see it being in UK, and not having TV.

So, why does everyone start singing Mahna, Mahna? Is it cause the name of the drink is so long and complicated, like Penominom?

sherocks

Reaction score
I saw the ad on sunday & I thought it was cute. I had totally forgotten about that bit. Just hearing it made me smile. (& now I can't get it out of my head! :wink: )

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
If anyone has seen the new NBC show "Committed" the main character Marni has Mahna Mahna as the ringtone on her cell phone. I immediately had to download it for mine!

Dantecat

Reaction score
Now that was a really good commercial! I thought it would totally air during the commercial break of the super bowl but now I found it and it was really good! :cool:

By the way,It was the muppet show soundtrack they just used for it(not the sesame street soundtrack). :big_grin:

ceecee

Reaction score
As I've ashamedly admitted here in the past, I never knew what the "Mahna Mahna" song was.......until I saw this commercial. And then I knew what everyone was talking about! I mean, it was somewhat familiar at least. I think I'm a bit too young to have seen it much on Sesame Street, and The Muppet Show is a tad bit before my time too. But I'm excited because now I know how it goes. You should have heard me trying to figure it out before!