Mahna Mahna on Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper commercial

bats1990

Reaction score
I was just watching ST:TNG on TNT and playing with my kids when I heard Mahna Mahna come on the TV. I looked up and it was a commercial for Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper.

The Muppets did not appear just the song. It was still cool though.

Keep your eyes out for it.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very cool. It's always neat how the song continues to have a following decade after decade.

Mario

Reaction score
I was sitting in the office, and I heard the song on the TV in the other room, and I was so excited that I was actually tripping over my own feet trying to get there fast, lol. :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cindy just saw the commercial on ABC. Here's a summary...

A guy and a girl are on a first date in a restaurant. And he is talking about working for a children's hospital and that some people would quit after winning the lottery. At that point, the waiter brings her a Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. She is admiring it. And she says, "Yum... Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper."

Then Mahna Mahna begins. The camera pans through the restaurant and everyone is singing "do do do do do." The guy date proclaims "Mahna Mahna". This interchange goes back and forth.

And there you have it.

Mario

Reaction score
Wow, I can't wait to see the whole thing! :big_grin: And, who's Cindy? :flirt:

Dantecat

Reaction score
Cindy is Phillip's wife and she's on Muppet Central too!

By the way,That looks like a really interesting commercial! :smile: :excited:

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Really? Well there's a same tune/different words incident over in the UK at the moment. In the new IRN-BRU ads, people sing 'Phonomenal' to the tune of Mahna Mahna. What terrible coincidence.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
TuttertheMouse said:
Really? Well there's a same tune/different words incident over in the UK at the moment. In the new IRN-BRU ads, people sing 'Phonomenal' to the tune of Mahna Mahna. What terrible coincidence.
They did something similar to that on Muppets Tonight with Sandra Bullock. They used the word "pheonomena" (sp?)

christyb

Reaction score
That's neat how the song as kinda come back. I haven't seen the commercial but the drink ain't so bad. Question about the Muppet's Tonight. Wasn't it the Snowths do doing, when they did the song with the word Phenomena (how do you spell that?)

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I'm excited about the song, but even more curious to try Cherry Dr. Pepper.