"Mah Na Mah Na" Remake!

ssetta

Reaction score
I was just listening to this local radio show called "The Playground" out of a college radio station here in my area. You'd be surprised how often they play Sesame Street and the Muppets. They do play "Mah Na Mah Na" a lot, but they just played this rock-alternative remake by Cake. Whoever they are? Does anyone else know anything about this?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Playground? SURE!!! I listened to them a couple of times, last weekend to be exact. They also played the rainbow Connection cover. Forget who sings that one, though!

gymkatarules

Reaction score
An acapella group from Orlando (down here) called Toxic Audio does Ma Nah Ma Nah (or however you spell it) regularly and will be including it on their album which comes out November 1st. It's really fantastic and hilarious, especially live. They're very well known in the acapella community. Just so you know.

http://www.toxicaudio.com

-Chris

ssetta

Reaction score
How do you hear the playground? Do you live in this area?

Drtooth

Reaction score
ssetta: I live in the greater Boston Area! That's how I hear it! I mean where else can you find a radio station that plays Muppets, and cartoon theme song? Well..before the Disney radio channel sold out to become a Sloppy Pop tween's network? They used to play Weird Al Yankovic, The Bartman song, and others now it's just the same tone deaf recordings that the groups lipsync to!

pezbalubah

Reaction score
Cake is a quirky alternative band that had a hit in 96 called "The Distance", they did a cover of "I will Survive", and a song I believe titled "Sheeps go to Heaven, Goats Go To ****". The Rainbow Connection has been covered by Less Than Jake (also did movin right along available on a 7 inch featuring muppet movie graphics of animal) and Me First and the Gimme Gimmes. Speaking of muppet graphics on 7 inches, has anybody added the Weezer 7 inch of "Keep Fishin" with Kermit fishing on the cover to their collection?