lyrics to Welcome Back Uncle Matt

superboober

Reaction score
How does the main part of the song go apart from the refrain? It's a little hard to make out since they sing it rather fast. :excited:

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Okay, I believe it's something like this...

Tinkers tink and drummers drumming,
Tell the world a hero's coming.
While we're dozing,
While we're stumbling,
Heroes have to roam.

If you wander in your wembling,
Just remember no pretending,
Every journey has an ending.
Time to hurry home.

You're right though, it is hard to hear. Are there subtitles on the DVDs? I haven't checked...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think that's pretty close if it's not exact. Yeah, DVDs should really make subtitles a requirement.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
SarahOnBway said:
You're right though, it is hard to hear. Are there subtitles on the DVDs? I haven't checked...
No subtitles, but there's closed-captioning (if your TV has that feature).

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe it's "tinkers tinking, drummers drumming". I mean, that would make more sense syntactically, right?

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
SarahOnBway said:
Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe it's "tinkers tinking, drummers drumming". I mean, that would make more sense syntactically, right?
No, it's "Ticker tape and drummers drumming." The closed-captioning comes in handy, especially for "Turn Around Now" in episode 45.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Okay, so my next question is, if Fraggles don't know what a radio is how in the world do they know what ticker tape is?! I just read the wiki on it and I still don't think I get it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock always had those weird anachronisms, mentioning things they couldn't logically know about, mainly for humorous purposes.