Lylle Breier

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I just read on The Muppet Mindset that she's no longer running The Muppets Studio division and is now with Special Events.

If this is the case, does anyone know who replaced her?

I hope that whoever the new Muppets Studio head is can help hurry TMS Seasons 4 and 5 onto DVD.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hope this was A) a promotion B) that someone who takes the position is hungry to keep the Muppets going and C) this isn't some outlandish overreaction over the fact that the box office has been slow the past 2 weeks (it did get almost 70 mil in 3 weeks alone, making it the third grossing Muppet film adjusted for inflation). I'd hate another Baby Einstein refugee situation.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
According to The Muppet Mindset, Ms. Breir was already heading Disney's Special Events department even before the film's world premiere.

ThePrawnCracker said that when he ran into her at the world premiere, she was already with Special Events.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Disney has taken full ownership of the Muppets in their stock of entertainment properties and they're probably formulating a wider next move. They are no longer a boutique brand that needs the kind of cheerleading they did before the movie. They are everywhere now. "The Muppets" is faring very well amongst its peers at the box office and it hasn't even hit Europe yet. It's not going to make Smurfs type of money, but that film cost $110 million to make compared to the Muppets' $45M. I'm sure the promotion cost a healthy chunk of change, yet all of that attention garnered Kermit the opportunity to light our nation's Christmas Tree with the First Lady. The Muppets are back. I don't see the need to worry. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
According to The Muppet Mindset, Ms. Breir was already heading Disney's Special Events department even before the film's world premiere.
That's good. I'd hate to think that somehow they decided the movie underperformed when, lets face it, we had the weakest movie turn out this weekened since 2008. That just means more people are shopping and buying stuff for Christmas. The only shame is that it was the Muppets last weekend before having to compete with a third Chipmunks movie. But I have a feeling it will still manage to make some money during Christmas vacation.

They are everywhere now. "The Muppets" is faring very well amongst its peers at the box office and it hasn't even hit Europe yet. It's not going to make Smurfs type of money, but that film cost $110 million to make compared to the Muppets' $45M.
The Smurfs also had Summer vacation on its side. kids are in school, probably have homework and don't have the boring dull days where the family winds up at the movies. It is going to explode in Europe, and the DVD sales and rentals will be massive. The Muppets has spanked the competition pretty hard, and my fear of Elf/ Looney Tunes Back in Action parallel between Arthur Christmas and the Muppets has long subsided (look what happened to the Looney Tunes after BIA bombed).

I'm not worried about the film's success, but I'd hate to see second thoughts about it from Disney due to the downturn in ticket sales the past 2 weekends.