Love Led Us Here

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Prologue

There are only a few moments in life where time seems to stop and stand completely still in a moment, unable to move forward. The world around you fades away as you focus on that certain something, or perhaps certain someone, frozen in time as waves of emotion crash inside you. Those emotions seem to press from within you, making you feel as though you will burst, but yet you're still stuck in that same moment, that same second of time...

As she sat upon her petaled pachyderm pedestal, at first all full of confidence, ready to strike fear in the hearts of any who dare to trespass on her island; for the first time in a long, long time, she questioned herself and was frozen in fear. Staring down into his face as he looked up at her, she felt the emotional mask that had taken years to build, begin to crack. Her numb, hardened heart began to fill with the pain and sadness from so long ago as she thought about the time when she felt he would make her dreams come true and that the bond they once shared would never break. Her mind raced to remember the time when looking into his face gave her hope and happiness instead of hatred and heartache....

He stopped breathing the moment he looked up and saw her face. Forced to kneel on the ground in the midst of the thick and humid jungle night, he was ready to face yet another foe on this most recent voyage, but nothing prepared him to look into those eyes that he thought he would never see again. The eyes that never failed to stop him in his tracks and move his soul; the eyes that were the open-wide window into her soul, into her heart, where he once most desperately wanted to be. Now, as he looked into those eyes in dis-belief he felt it all come flooding back again; felt all the pain and regret from that terrible day where he chose adventure on the high seas instead of what could have been the greatest adventure of all...a life with her. He couldn't stop his mind from racing back to so long ago, to when those eyes first caught his own and his life changed forever...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to not have replied until today. As I said elsewhere, inet got cut, my brother only restored it today thanks to a wifi device, the person from the phone/cable company we're switching to doesn't come until Thursday so I'm in "catch-up" mode.

It's good to read something from you again Ari. Got a few ideas myself, but my schedule sometimes gets filled up what with tending to the forums and my programs I watch through the week.

Interested that you chose an MTI fic, rully intrigued to see how/where you continue this fic. So please, post more!

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Sorry to not have replied until today. As I said elsewhere, inet got cut, my brother only restored it today thanks to a wifi device, the person from the phone/cable company we're switching to doesn't come until Thursday so I'm in "catch-up" mode.

It's good to read something from you again Ari. Got a few ideas myself, but my schedule sometimes gets filled up what with tending to the forums and my programs I watch through the week.

Interested that you chose an MTI fic, rully intrigued to see how/where you continue this fic. So please, post more!
Thanks Count and Auntie Ru!! This is a story that has been rolling around in my head for years, and recently after reading bad story after bad story- I had to start putting it to paper (or screen, haha). The recent MTI fic that was on here was not bad and inspired me to tell my take on the prequel to MTI- how Benjamina and Smollet met, fell in love and were going to get married before Smollet left her at the altar, and what happened to both of them because of that, leading back into the storyline that we see in the movie.

Due to my promotion at work, I know I won't be able to update this as often as what I usually do- but I do promise at least a new chapter a month. I'm working out outlining the full story and I think it would be probably 8-10 chapters total- I hope to be able to update twice a month when I can, and I know once I finish outlining and writing out other chapters I may be able to publish quicker. I do promise to finish it, no matter what, because it drives me bonkers to have an unfinished fic.

I'm super excited to do this because it allows me to use a lot of romantic fiction that I have read as an inspiration and base for the story (while being appropriate and PG/PG-13 on here of course). It may be a little longer wait in between chapters but it will be worth it.

I have a big event at work next week, but after that I should be able to post the first chapter...so excited to write this story!