Louise Gold IS A Leading Lady (or Annie Sue Gets Her Just Deserts)

Skekayuk

Reaction score
This is a msg for anyone likely to be down in Sussex in England between now and the end of August. If so, try and catch Jason Carr's musical version of The Water Babies at The Chichester Festival Theatre, it's well worth seeing, not least because Louise Gold is very definitely the star of the show. And it's really great to see her in a show where it's clear she is regarded as the star.

For more info see: http://www.qsulis.demon.co.uk/Website_Louise_Gold/The_Water_Babies.htm

Best wishes
Emma

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emma, great news. Thanks for sharing with us.

Have you been able to see the show yet? Let us know what you think about her performance.

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Yes I have seen it. As for what I think of it, well I throughly enjoyed the show, and it's a real thrill to see Ms Gold get the kind of role she really deserves. Also because this is a new musical, she gets the chance (and responsibility) of originating the part, and a jolly good part for her it is too, well within her capabilities as an actress, and yet one which also shows off her wide-ranging abilities.
For more details, see the fan site I've built about her, I've added a section on The Water Babies.

Best Wishes
Emma