Loose Animal and Beaker wanted!

Rob White

Reaction score
Hi,

Being based in the UK, the cost of the Palisades Muppets Playsets are a little over my budget range (£30, compared with £10 for the figure). Sadly, it looks like that might stop me getting my hands on Animal or Beaker, both of whom are absolute must-haves. (And as for the Swedish Kitchen - words fail me!)

So, does anyone have loose figures of these two they'd be willing to part with? I'm not even interested in the playset or accesories as such, just the toys themselves. I'll also happily take the regular joe figures over exclusives, and will take played-with toys - these aren't for resale. I'm willing to be flexible over costs and posting prices, or can go and shop for trades (much of Series 2-3 is on sale in my area, plus other strong selling figure ranges like Marvel Legends, etc.)

Drop me an email if you can think you could be of help - you'd have my undying gratitude!

Rob

:halo: :eek:

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Rob

I'm from the UK too. Yup, the figure and playset prices are a b**ch over here - Palisades would like to get them lower but it's hard for them to do that. As for Animal, there's always 'Tour Animal' - a black t-shirt version - they are selling him at conventions in the states for $15 and maybe you can get him sent over either from someone going, or from Ebay when the prices die down a bit. Series 2-3 are on sale in the UK ? How much for ? I haven't even seen S3 over here at all - they didn't make it to Virgin here.

Rob White

Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen the tour Animal on Ebay, but the thought of hanging on for the price to come down just doesn't sit with my geek nature... Plus I prefer the regular Animal costume from the Playset. I'll have to stay patient, I suppose...

Series 2 have been around in London since about Christmas, and you might be able to find them online. I only just saw Series 3 this lunchtime in the Virgin store at the Tottenham Ct Rd end of Oxford Street - all four there if you can make it to the area. I'm planning to buy at least one today. They were £11.99 though - oh to live in the US... Otherwise, I think scifiwarehouse.com (Forbidden Planet online) has them to mail out in the UK. Hope I can help you out at least!

R.

anathema

Reaction score
S3 are in Virgin up here in Edinburgh, although no-one's got the playset yet. Forbidden Planet have most of the figures at present, plus some of the exclusives :smile: I got my 'Crash-helmet Gonzo' that way...

The one thing that doesn't seem to have made it up here yet is the EM stage playset :-( I'm hoping to pick one up in London next week.

BTW, Rob - are you the Rob White of 'Chameleon Circuit', by any chance?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
What's a Chameleon Circuit? A socket where you plug in a lizard! HAAA! HAAA!? FUNN-EE!

WOCKA WOCKA!!

:embarrassed:

(Oh, btw, sorry I can't help on a loose Animal or Beaker. I've been wishing for a loose Janice myself, if you get my drift :flirt: ).

anathema

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
I've been wishing for a loose Janice myself, if you get my drift :flirt: ).
Get in line!

:-}

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Rob White

I just don't see how anyone would part with the figure and keep the set. Many people bought the playsets to get these figures in the first place. Tour Animal is really your best bet. I doubt they will ever make this classic version except in Mega form (13 inches). The sets are definitely worth buying. The placement of the characters in them was a marketing strategy so the sets could be made.

Hope you find your Animal and Beaker, but you will probably have to take the initiative and purchase the sets, tour versions or the Megas. :eek: :halo:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
(Gets an idea)

Rob, I'll sell you my Beaker and Animal for $30 each (+ S&H).

FOZ
:wink: