looking for a Blues Brothers mp3

matleo

Reaction score
Ok,ok, I know this doesn't have anything to fo with Muppets, but I heard this the other day on tv and now I'm dying to find a copy of it. A few years ago, John Goodman hosted SNL and as his monologue he got inducted into the Blues Brothers (this was just before BB2K came out) and he, Elwood and GE Smith did a cover of "Flip, Flop, and Fly". It was the most incredible musical number I've ever seen on SNL. They totally brought the house down with it and it just simply rocked!!!! I've found a copy of Joliet Jake singing it which is ok, and I know on the House of Blues Cd there's a copy of Elwood and the other guy (Jim Belushi, he seems to always have a different Blues Bros. name) which is also pretty good but I'm REALLY loookin' for a copy with Mighty Mac (Goodman) if anybody has this or knows where I can find it please let me know. Thanks.

--Matt

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya,

The only way to really get that song now is to tape it off television.

John Goodman was already inducted as a Blues Bro. prior to this show, but this was the first televised performance with him.

Jim Belushi is Brother Zee Blues, also called Baby Zee (in the concert I attended).

According to the screenplay for BB2K the original concept was that Elwood gets out after discovering that Jake died of pneumonia (?) in prison, and then goes out to find the actual Blood Brother of Jake Blues. The script called for the actual mother of John and Jim Belushi to appear on screen, and that Jim was going to be a cop (ie, Joe Morton's "Cable Chamberlain", a not-so-modest tip of the hat to Cab Calloway who was Curtis in the original film).

For whatever reason, and I think it stinks, Jim couldn't do the film, so they changed it to include Mighty Mack, Cab, and Buster.

Personally, I think they should have waited for Jim to be Zee, but I don't get to make those decisions. Seems Elwood, Zee, and Mighty Mack get along just fine, so I'm cool with it. Just that there are now (according to the story) 5 Blues Brothers.

BTW, are you aware that the history of The Blues Brothers (per the book by Judith Jacklyn Belushi "Blues Brothers: Private") stated that Elwood and Jake really are not brothers, but because of their close kinship the became blood brothers and had their names officially changed to Elwood J(ake) Blues and Jake (E.lwood) Blues?

Oh well, I know I didn't answer your question, but just some bantering for ya from one big blues bro fan to another.

FOZ

matleo

Reaction score
Yeah I've also seen Jim Belushi listed as Steve Blues at one point. I don't get it, but whatever! I don't know I just haven't really been impressed with Zee Blues any time I've seen/heard him. I like Goodman. I've always liked Goodman's voice. I had heard him do a few things prior to BB2K and thougth he wasjust incredible!!! I don't know where they dug up Joe Morton either but I thought he was really good. I just wishedthey had abandoned that whole storyline about Buster blues. i thoght he was a bit erroneous.
of course no one could ever replace Jake, but you do thebest with what you can. I think Goodman does an admirable job. I respect what Belushi is trying to do but I dunno, I'm just not that impresses by him. thanks Kev.

--Matt

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Jim as Steve Blues? Wow, I didn't know that.

Goodman in King Ralph was really cool. His singing there was fun. He's also fun with The Blues Brother act, too.

Jim Belushi has an album you might try to sample called "36-22-36" with The Sacred Hearts Band.

He did pretty good, definitely not Jake Blues.

Now, if you want to see some one who REALLY stinks doing their Blues Brothers act, you should see Lin and myself doing Linwood and Soloman Blues!! LOL!! WE suck big time, but it's fun!!

FOZ