Long John Silvers says "Adios" to Pepe

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tom Coccia posted this over at rec.arts.henson+muppets ...

I wrote to Long John Silver restaurants via email requesting info on how to purchase the Pepe doll they said they were going to be distributing at their restaurants, as he is their spokesmuppet. Imagine my surprise when I received a response, from a Kelly, stating that not only were they dropping Pepe, as their spokesmuppet, but they were not going to produce the dolls either. Well, that did it for me......no more Long John Silver food in this household. And if you believe as I do, let them know.
You can let LJS know what you think of this move from the comments section of their Web site.

- Phillip

dwmckim

Reaction score
(Okay this is my first attempt at posting here, so let's see how well this does)

I saw that post on the newsgroup as well...hopefully someone else can get some additional confirmation, but for what it's worth, my local restaurant has taken down its Pepe picture.

beaker

Reaction score
I wondered why Pepe was off the air!

Hey Phil! This is my first chat on the new forum, and I love it!
Thanx so much to you, frogboy, and whoever else is responsible!

Anyways, I felt something was a malankey bit off when the new commercials for LJS just featured the food and some announcer talking. Why, just a mere week ago I saw the Shakespearian Pepe tv spot. Hmmm:frown: I was really hoping they would come out with the Pepe plush. As a footnote(or pawnote) the one and only local LJSilvers restuarant was bustling soon after the Pepe commercials with an abundance of customers. Coinicdence?

Finally, you'll finally be able to find one Pepe merchandise off of
eBay. The NASCAR Pepe car, which along with the Beaker car(and the others) are too cool! too bad they don't come out til July.

Anyways, hats off to the new forum, I LOVE IT! And good seeing you back DW!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I will most certainly be sending the company a reply (though I am a vegetarian...shhhh). LOL! Actually that is changing, but only with chicken and fish and I certainly won't clog my arteries with anything over at LJS. If it were up to me, I'd say tax the stuff instead of other things. Kind of like how the cigarrette tax works. It could go to the health care system that avid fast food eaters will need down the line. Just my take though. LOL! Viva Pepe!!!!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I think its a good idea in one way, And a bad in another.

Good, So he doesnt get too attached as the LJS Character.
Bad, Muppets arent on TV as much.

But in the UK we didnt get the Commercials anyway, So it doesnt actully matter to me.

And its a BIG shame that we wont be getting a Pepe plush from them too !!

I love all your Avatars !!
DW, Is that Fleet pic from Of Muppets and Men ?

See ya
*Warrick*

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Warrick-

You never know, maybe Henson wanted out of the contract. I never was that keen on the spokes-shrimp idea, but I would have liked a Pepe plush. I can't see how they would make that whole lounge thing and then discard it so obviously something is up.

PS The Fleet pic is from a screen grab.

beaker

Reaction score
Perhaps its time Pepe jumped shrimp(misnomer alert! hehe) as LJS isn't exactly the most healthiest of foods:stick_out_tongue: I just wish they would have squuezed out some Pepe plushes before, oh well. I am grateful for all the really cool commercials they produced, and that spiffy Pepe lounge. The last LJS Pepe was really funny!(The Shakespeare one)
I wouldn't mind seeing him show up in other commercials, one can never get enough of da King Prawn!

Btw Frogboy, it's funny you mention vegetarianism, because I'm now vegetarian! I think Ive been a slave to Mcdonalds long enough^_^

To new beginnings!

///beaker///

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Good for you. I remember going veggie about five years ago and it has greatly improved my habits. I am becoming a "California vegetarian" these days to up my protein (this means chicken and fish) but it is a little creepy to start that again. I've already gone back to fish (no crustaceans of course) but I haven't made it to chicken yet. But I will only eat the stuff sparingly.

-jamie

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I vegetate rather frequently myself nowadays. Usually with some root beer and chocolate chip cookies. Or pickles and mustard. Or Pringles. I dig it all when I'm vegetating.

Although, I don't think that's what you were talking about.

FOZ!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Kevin-

As long as you don't grow an ear of corn, it's cool by me. LOL!