Living With Larry - New Puppet YouTube Series

LivingWithLarry

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I'm new to the site but I wanted to share with you all my new YouTube series called "Living With Larry"

Very Muppet like!!! All about a Puppet (Larry) living with his new roommate Cassie.

Enjoy and nice to meet you all!!
PS: find us on Facebook too!!!

http://www.youtube.com/livingwithlarry

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Uh... uh... hmm...

Well, there's nothing I can do really (since I'm also somewhat guilty of it myself), but I can't help but feel like this is almost a knock off of Steve D'Monster, though I'm sure that wasn't your intention at all, and I'm aware Steve isn't the only purple monster puppet on YouTube.

Melonpool

Reaction score
I would take this as constructive criticism -- but I would try to take all the talent you have as a puppeteer and as a filmmaker and try to distance yourself from the "Muppet-y" qualities of your work. Try to find your own ground to stand on, if you can. Two (fairly easy) places to start involve the puppet. Your puppet looks like 1/2 of the two-headed monster on Sesame Street (or at least a Muppet monster) and he sounds an awful lot like Bert.

I know we all have out influences, and it's fine to play homage to them -- but let's say your webseries really takes off? What's the endgame for you? A Cease and Desist letter from Sesame Workshop? Or would you rather have the endgame be a paid webseries or (GASP!) a television show? I say try retooling what you have as plusses to avoid anything that would hinder you in the future.

Of course, you could take this with a grain of salt, since I'm a guy that has built his whole career with a heavily "Star Trek" inspired product. :wink: But I'm working on ways to distance myself from those roots!

Steve (not the Monster)