Live-action Garfield in theaters this Christmas

beaker

Reaction score

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
thanks! i saw about this last year when they were trying to get the rights!

i wonder why they still don't have an idea of who's starring in it! is this a normal practice for films? i usually don't pay much attention...but i'm curious!

Sarah

matleo

Reaction score
Isn't this the exact same plotline as Garfie;d's first prime time special "Her Comes Garfield" back in the eary 80's? You know that only lasted an hour which was stretched out by mindless musical numbers and commercials so the story only runs about 20 minutes in length. Hope they can make it last longer. Personally, I'd like to see a return of Jim Davis's other property "US Acres" Now THAT was some funny stuff.

--Matt

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by matleo
Isn't this the exact same plotline as Garfie;d's first prime time special "Her Comes Garfield" back in the eary 80's? You know that only lasted an hour which was stretched out by mindless musical numbers and commercials so the story only runs about 20 minutes in length. Hope they can make it last longer. Personally, I'd like to see a return of Jim Davis's other property "US Acres" Now THAT was some funny stuff.
Aw, yes...that was pretty cool...part of the Garfield. I also loved Doonesbury, Dilbert and Bloom County(Opus and Bill) when it came to animated comic strips.
But I love those animated Garfield shows/specials.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I have found Garfield to be kind of tired for a decade or so, but this is very interesting. I hope they go for more of a fur look on Garfield without going too far like Scooby Doo. Cool stuff. Who would have thought. It is kind of sad that the original voice won't be a part of the film.

radionate

Reaction score
Wonder what casting choices they have in mind. I also don't know what it will be like without Lorenzo (wasn't that the man that voiced Garfield).

I'm also leery of the release date. A CGI film in 12 months that hasn't even started shooting yet? I doubt they'll make it by then, if they do, I doubt the end product will be worth it.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Yeah, it all depends on whether or not they've given themselves enough time.

Hey, maybe a Peanuts movie? That'd be interesting. If done right, you could make it so great! Almost just like the comic!

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Hopefully this doesnt end up like Rocky and Bulwinkle or other recent ill fated attempts at the live action/cgi hybrid(personally Id prefer an all cgi or 3d garfield film, but this may be good) Good to see the lasagna eating furball coming back tho!
ARRRRRRRRRR!!!!! Now Cory has angered the Manda by insulting her Rocky and Bullwinkle!!!! :mad:
Just kidding....Hehehehehehe....
I'm really excited by what this COULD be, at least....Hope they don't screw up my Garfield!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Manda:-D
ARRRRRRRRRR!!!!! Now Cory has angered the Manda by insulting her Rocky and Bullwinkle!!!! :mad:
Just kidding....Hehehehehehe....
Well, I could argue Bullwinkle the movie, depite the fact I liked it. I mean, they could have used a real moose and a real squireel, or actors in suits. At least they had June Foray as Rocky. But that attempt was much better than Dudley Do-Right the movie, which was needlessly bland, and Sarahh Jessica Parker killed Nell Fenwick in her role...

But anyway, Scooby DOo seemed more like satire of the old show (going so far as to antagonize Scrappy)

I knew about this film since last year, and I am mixed... I'd kill to see it, sure. I hope it's not another "Fat Albert" situation, in which the idiot director ruins the genius of the creator, and they get into a fight and put the movie to rest. I wouldn't care for the movie Fat Albert, but the one in a milliuon chance to see Fat Albert merchandise.... man, that hurt!