Little things we've noticed

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We've discussed this before, but yeah, and as I've pointed out before, it's really noticable in "Readers of the Open Range," so much so it almost looks as if Jerry isn't even putting any effort in lip syncing here:

Even Jim has examples of this, particularly with Ernie, and I don't know if the size and shape of the head and mouth has anything to do with it or what, because I think the bigger the head, and stiffer the mouth, the more difficult it is to really hit each syllable properly.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well, let's be honest - Jerry was easily the weakest of the core Muppeteer group when it comes to the actual manipulation.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I won't argue with that, but I think we can also agree (and even Jim has said so) that he really had one of the best singing voices among the group.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Random subject of Readers of the Open Range, before Shane first put it on YouTube in '08, I actually used to remember it as the cowfolks walking on foot and entering and exiting buildings as they sang it.... amazing how the mind can really fool you....

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Even though "Everyone Likes Ice Cream" is infamous for Caroll's lack-luster puppeteering performance, ironically, I think it includes one of Jim's best puppeteering performances - he really nails every syllable well in that one.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh wow, oddly enough, I noticed how the purple boy's glasses start to come loose.... That, and the green boy seems to have Lefty's angry eyes (just found it interesting since they're both green Muppets).

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Then who had the best manipulation out of the original core Muppet performers?