Little Muppet Monsters is on Youtube

wiley207

Reaction score
Someone uploaded the first episode of the long-lost "Muppets, Babies and Monsters" on Youtube! Here's Part 1...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVkvLJToU0k

It also includes the Muppet Babies episode "Piggy's Hyper-Activity Book." And it surprised me how they used Muppet Babies background music during the animated adult Muppet skits!

Looks like our wishes have finally come true :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't say I'm not disappointed in Jim Henson for pulling the plug after 3 episodes. I understand what he ment, but I felt this show was pretty good. I like the idea of a Puppet hosted cartoon series. A real throwback to the early days of television.

Not as good as Dog City was, but still, I really enjoyed it. I hope this guy has the other 2 episodes that aired on TV. I'm dying to hear what cartoon Gonzo, Bunsen, and Beaker sounded like.

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
Sorry... the guy who posted it on YouTube just has one episode, and that's it, plus it does not have the animated Gonzo, Bunsen, or Beaker.

It does have the animated Animal though... and compared to his cartoon Piggy, Hal Rayle's voice for Animal didn't seem that far off from the original character... sounded more like Eric Jacobson's Animal than Frank Oz's, though. Obviously, I still have no idea how Hal's voice for Gonzo sounded, but I'm sure it has to be somewhat closer to Dave Goelz's original Gonzo.

Someone said that Bob Bergen did the cartoon Bunsen... hopefully it sounds closer to Dave's puppet than the voice he (Bob) used for Wembley in the Fraggle Rock cartoon.

It's said that in addition to doing the Muppet Baby version of Beaker, Frank Welker did the adult cartoon version as well... so I'm guessing the voice would be identical to the Muppet Baby character, as with Kermit's and Fozzie's voices. And as for Frank's cartoon Banananose comparing to Dave's puppet... I can't tell. I haven't found the Bear on Patrol Banananose sketch on YouTube yet.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I still like Monsters better than Babies, but that's my thing. I'm outnumbered by a lot! :embarrassed:

You know, since they own the Muppets now, Disney should really think about making an animated Pigs In Space show (like they did with Buzz Lightyear) to introduce the younger folk to the Muppets in a fun and creative way. Think of all the interesting stuff they could do beaming to planets and weird situations when the art could be more easily drawn than pain-stakingly constructed in a Creature Shop.

You know, I'd like to see a half Swinetrek half Electric Mayhem animated program on the Disney Channel. Think of the possibilities. It's that sort of thing that could help drive more Muppet puppet projects in the future and in animation there are things to explore that are harder in the live action puppet world.

The Pigs In Space - Electric Mayhem Show. :smile:

(Ducks from the fan-thrown penguins at such a heretical idea)

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Oh my! While I watched every episode of Muppet Babies when it aired - I never knew this existed. Thanks - I love love love it!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Ok well, I'm really glad I got to see LMM finally! But...I have to say I agree with Jim on this one. The animation was bringing it all down. It wasn't bad in itself, but the puppetry came off better. And then there wasn't even enough of the puppets, at least in this first episode. The monster siblings seemed really likeable!

Muppet Babies had more wit behind it, as an animated series.

Though it WAS interesting to hear what sounded like Baby Fozzie impersonating Dr. Strangepork, lol.

wiley207

Reaction score
Someone commented that Miss Piggy looked anime-like in terms of animation, probably because Toei did the overseas animation for "Little Muppet Monsters," just like with "Muppet Babies!"

And consider this: if they never made Little Muppet Monsters, then the Muppet Babies end credits theme would always be that short instrumental version of the opening theme.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ok well, I'm really glad I got to see LMM finally! But...I have to say I agree with Jim on this one. The animation was bringing it all down. It wasn't bad in itself, but the puppetry came off better. And then there wasn't even enough of the puppets, at least in this first episode. The monster siblings seemed really likeable!

Muppet Babies had more wit behind it, as an animated series.
Well, I have to say the cartoons weren't too good. they were pretty good, but not great. The one thing that confused me was they clearly had Richard Hunt narrating the Animal Segment, while Animal was performed by someone else than the original puppeteer. I did like Hearing Frank Welker's voice opposite Frank Oz's, though. Huge Frank Welker fan, here.

Personally, I wish there was some way they just edited down the cartoon segments and used them as Muppet babies wrap-arounds or something. They do have a Muppet Babies quality of writing- case in point, Fozzie's riddle that wound up solving the mystery. he even had dialogue similar to his Baby Counter Part (the "Give up?" betwixt the punchline and set up... mmmmmm Twix..).

Another thing... I wonder why Jim didn't edit down most of the live action muppet segments for some sort of Video release, or wrap around segments for VHS releases. I have to admit, I think I liked those best (but mainly, I loved Fozzie and Gonzo's different segments).

Come to think of it, I looked up on Muppet Wiki, and found this unfinished pilot for an animated muppet series. I have to say this... those designs are cool and all, but I like how the muppets looked here much better. I mean, not so much the style of animation (I loved Miss Piggy's Anime style facial expressions- nothing extreme thoug... and I loved the subtlety of Animals's moving hair when he was flipping over the bar).

I swear, a Pigs in Space animated series did have potential. Imagine if they did it similar in fashion to the Star Trek series, using the original actors for voice artists.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
That was cool.
I liked the theme song. the thing I wonder is, since it seems that Tug, Molly, and Boo, are part of the Muppet "family" (one monster refers to Gonzo as Uncle Gonzo), when the show ended, why didn't they continue the characters? ( I know they were used in the backround of some shows and specials) but they could have built on there personalities.
The cartoon's (in my opinion) were ok. i just don't think the muppets look good in animation (the only exception being Muppet Babies). the muppets should just be thereselves, but it was a noble effort.
I can't belive they made all of those episodes and only showed 3. all of the peoples effort, is now siting on a shelf somewhere (probably) not doing anything. at least we get to see one episode. who knows, one day, the might put them on a muppet rarites boxset, or something to that effect.

(i dedicate this post to Tug, Molly, and Boo. Three lost heros of Muppetdom)