Little Chrissy episode I remember

SesameStreetGuy

Reaction score
Does anyone remember around the early 90s, maybe Season 22 where Little Chrissy was part of a street story along with Elmo? I kind of recall them looking to perform somewhere on the street, and interacting with humans. I remember Elmo was wearing a flashy rock suit, I think the Alphabeats were there too. Anyone recall or am I nuts?? :confused:

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
No this actually happened and I do remember it quite well, it was in 1991 just like you said. I remember Gina being in that episode quite a bit. It's one of the few times I saw little Chrissy out on the street interacting with the street charachters.

Stephanie Evjen

Reaction score
This is so far one of my favorite postings on this site. I wish I could see this episode starring one of my favorite muppets of all time, Little Chrissy. Wouldn't that be awesome?! :excited:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Sesamestreet.org has a few clips from an episode with Elmo, Little Chrissy, and Big Jeffy (you can do searches for those characters, though sesamestreet.org spells it as "Jeffie", I can't remember but I think the site also spells it "Chrissie"). I've also seen a Muppet Wiki guide for a different episode which also features Elmo, Chrissy, and Jeffy.

It's sort of confusing. They need Elmo to fill in for Little Jerry, but this is the only time I know of where Little Chrissy (from Little Chrissy and the Alphabeats) was part of Little Jerry and the Monotones, which had a different member names Chrissy. And so the only member of The Monotones we see is Big Jeffy. Somehow I wonder if they just used the wrong Chrissy puppet (though it seems like an odd mistake, as Chrissy and Rockin' Richard aren't referred to by name often). And they wanted Elmo to fill in for the leader? Why not have an experienced member fill in, and have Elmo be a back-up singer?

And there's a funny running gag in that episode where Mike clearly wants to be involved, but the others don't seem to notice or think he'd be a good member. Whenever it looks like they'll make Mike part of it, he's excited, but it turns out what they need him to do is more humble stuff like getting their music and announcing.