Listen to Sesame Street Albums

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Ziffel posted this link on the Classic SS board while we were discussing film songs http://www.xsao.net/Kids/Sesame_Street/ don't own any of these though you can listen to the songs from the site, 1 of them includes a little bit in the beginning but it's that incomplete version witch them features Patti LaBelle doing it as well. that parts no big deal but the fact that a verse was left out of the song does.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yeah too bad it's not the entire original "Little Bit" version by Joe Raposo. Still, it is pretty cool to be able to hear about a minute long of Joe singing it. I always liked "Little Bit". There's some other good ones at this link too, though some of them are newer versions as well. But "C is for Cookie", "Bein' Green", and "Five People in My Family" are some great ones that are the original classics. I also always liked "Count it Higher" and it sounds like the original here but minus the background sound of the screaming audience that we heard on the television show (after the muppets said the numbers 5 and then 10, thus counting HIGHER, and thus causing the audience to cheer wildly!).

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are craving more Sesame music then what is available at the above links, check out Muppet Central Radio. More than 500 Sesame songs are on-line with more being added all the time. I'm hoping we will eventually have every Sesame Street album from 1970-present in our radio rotation.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Thanks Philip. I'm having trouble getting Muppet Central Radio to work so far. I went through the listening wizard and it says I have live365. But then get an error message when try to actually listen. I'll keep trying through the help tips and hopefully can get this working eventually. :smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
If you are craving more Sesame music then what is available at the above links, check out Muppet Central Radio. More than 500 Sesame songs are on-line with more being added all the time. I'm hoping we will eventually have every Sesame Street album from 1970-present in our radio rotation.

Phillip, do know anything about a song that Cookie Monster sings with an AM kid about going to get a haircut? It is one of my favs. If so, do you know how I can listen to it? Is it on MC Radio? Thanks.

Ziffel

Reaction score
By the way, the error message I keep getting says, "The station you are trying to listen to is too fast." I just changed the player to media player but same thing keeps happening when try to click on listening to muppet central radio.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ziffel, I have no problems listening through iTunes. If you have that music player, try using it. However, I don't know exactly how it set itself up to listen through iTunes, it just kind of appeared on my playlist...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ziffel said:
By the way, the error message I keep getting says, "The station you are trying to listen to is too fast." I just changed the player to media player but same thing keeps happening when try to click on listening to muppet central radio.
What speed is your connection?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BEAR said:
Phillip, do know anything about a song that Cookie Monster sings with an AM kid about going to get a haircut? It is one of my favs. If so, do you know how I can listen to it? Is it on MC Radio? Thanks.
It doesn't ring a bell off the top of my head. There is a song called "Long Time No See" from the 1994 Cheap Thrills album. It's about an AM getting his hair cut from a barber. And you can hear that one on MC Radio.

BEAR

Reaction score
It is an anything Muppet named Jeffy and he is afraid to go get his haircut for the first time, but Cookie Monster sings to him about how he is going to get a "fur cut" and how it doesnt hurt. It is a great song.