List of Changed Channels

Drtooth

Reaction score
MeTV has a different marathon every Sunday.
In the Morning to around noon or so. That's when Lavern and Shirley used to be on for like, a week. Other than the fact I think The Brady Bunch is the most overrated thing ever, and people only like it ironically, the channel has good show variety... just not during the day. I actually hate the Sunday Afternoon marathons because they rarely show anything good. I'd rather they just show Taxi and Get Smart at a decent hour.

Really... don't mess with my Taxi! A local station used to have it, then they replaced it with some crap. I was really ticked about it.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Noggin in its original format (1999-2002) went above and beyond appealling to us Generation X'ers by airing the Sesame Unpaved episodes and the Electric Company.
If they were able to get a whole block of early 70's PBS shows, I could've died and gone to heaven. But Unpaved and EC was plenty.

The most frustrating thing about it was trying to get our cable company to carry it. You'd think living thirty miles from Manhattan, it would be easy to pick up this channel, right? WRONG!! But it was available in Pigsknuckle, Arkansas. So your options were, either be lucky enough to know somebody who had Noggin who'd make tapes for you,
buy them on ebay (they made a killing for a while), or be willing to move.

By the time our cable company got around to carrying Noggin, Unpaved and EC were long gone, and Noggin was mutating into Nick jr.

Thanks Mokeystar, for all the episodes you sent. You really came through in a pinch!

Xerus

Reaction score
I think they should create a network called, The Whatever Channel. That way, they can air whatever they want and not worry about changing its theme all the time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Noggin in its original format (1999-2002) went above and beyond appealling to us Generation X'ers by airing the Sesame Unpaved episodes and the Electric Company.
If they were able to get a whole block of early 70's PBS shows, I could've died and gone to heaven. But Unpaved and EC was plenty.
Yeah... Noggin before Nick forced SW's involvement out so they could shove nothing but their own programming on it. I honestly hate how the only other preschool friendly channel, Sprout, refuses to run any classic PBS/SW shows. And they always give that "midnight feeding" excuse. I'm no parent, but babies that young wouldn't get anything out of television at that hour (any hour, for that matter) they wouldn't get out of a strobe light and a CD of cartoon sound effects.

I'm glad SW has pay internet streams and downloads of older Sesame Street programs... but I fail to see why they can't find a place for it on a cable channel.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hmm... HBO Family seems to be following in ABC Family's footsteps... I mean, I'm not sure a movie like THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW (which I actually do like, BTW) is really appropriate for kids to be seeing.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's interesting how Disney bought Fox Family but would have to renegotiate with every cable company in order to drop the "Family" name or cancel the 700 Club. Why not just start an entirely new channel, like they did for Toon Disney and (I believe) others? Is it so they'd be guaranteed cable providers upon ownership?

snichols1973

Reaction score
You know what I've always would have liked to see? A Muppet channel. Scratch that... an ALL-PUPPET CHANNEL! Think about it: for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, we could have a channel that shows non-stop SESAME STREET, THE MUPPET SHOW, FRAGGLE ROCK, MUPPETS TONIGHT! THE PUZZLE PLACE, WIMZIE'S HOUSE, ZOBOOMAFOO, LAMB CHOP'S PLAY A LONG, THE CHARLIE HORSE MUSIC PIZZA, BETWEEN THE LIONS, H.R. PUFNSTUF, SIGMUND AND THE SEAMONSTERS, D.C. FOLLIES, OOBI, among other shows? They could play the more preschool and kiddy shows in the morning, other shows in the afternoon into the evening, and Krofft shows at night.
One potential disadvantage of an all-puppet channel: the network executives might gradually fill the schedule with non-Muppet programming, and if some other media group were to buy the network due to potentially declining ratings, the new investors might end up giving the network a complete overhaul and it might turn into something entirely different......

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
One potential disadvantage of an all-puppet channel: the network executives might gradually fill the schedule with non-Muppet programming, and if some other media group were to buy the network due to potentially declining ratings, the new investors might end up giving the network a complete overhaul and it might turn into something entirely different......
It just sounds to me like the risk you take starting any new channel/network...