Linda Bove Appreciation Thread

BEAR

Reaction score
Hi guys! In watching the Hurricane reruns this week I was so excited to see Linda again in the 4th part helping rebuild Big Bird's nest. I loved seeing her again. She was always one of my favorite people to see on the street and I have a great deal of admiration for her. I am sad she isn't on anymore. I wonder if she chose to leave or if the show decided to cancel her contract. She was such an important part of that show. Aside from her work on Sesame Street she is quite an actress. I wonder what she is doing now. One of my favorite Linda moments was in Christmas Eve on Sesame Street when she surprised Bob by teaching the kids to sign "Keep Christmas With You". She was also great in Follow That Bird. One of the best parts of that movie was her trying to get the keys to open the cage.

Do you guys have any favorite Linda moments or anything you want to remenise about her?

Whatever

Reaction score
As I keep posting, Linda is one of my role models because she is the only other person with a hearing loss that I knew of.

BEAR

Reaction score
Whatever said:
As I keep posting, Linda is one of my role models because she is the only other person with a hearing loss that I knew of.
Are you hearing impaired?

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Marlee Matlin is hearing impaired also,as well as Anthony Natale from Mr. Holland's Opus.I love Linda Bove & Marlee Matlin,both of them in Children of a Lesser God.My sign-language vocabulary has greatly improved watching that movie.Anthony has a very nice sign-language video,I bought at Discovery Channel.My family,including myself is hearing impaired,not deaf,just impaired.I find it hard to hear low tones,finding it hard to understand some people when they speak.I've taught myself sign-language since age 9,and have taught myself to read lips. Linda Bove is a terrific role model,I admire her very much.

Upon looking at IMDB,under bios(deaf),there are several people who are deaf/hearing impaired,or have portrayed hearing impaired or have family members with hearing impairment.

http://www.imdb.com/Find?select=Bios&for=deaf

BEAR

Reaction score
I am not hearing impaired in any way, but it was Linda Bove and Sesame Street that inspired me to learn American sign language. I took a year of it my first year of college and it was a great experience. What a great skill to have, even for people who can hear. I love being able to communicate with those who are deaf. It has been about 5 years since I took the ASL class and the other day I was encountered by a young girl who happened to be deaf. She was asking for directions. Without thinking about it I just started signing to her. I hadn't studied it in so long i was surprised I was able to help her. It all just came back to me. i didn't have to carry on a whole conversation with her, just a little bit but it made me feel so good that I was able to help her. It inspired me to go back to my books and practice again.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
My friend Sean's grandfather was deaf,and taught Sean how to sign.We sign usually for practice or in a public place.I used to sign to somebody in college.There are lots of members at MC who know how to sign.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
One of my favorite autographed photos is of Linda signing "Hi," and then she signed it, "Hi, from Linda!"

Is she even still on the show anymore? What about Bob? I remember that they were a hot item on the show once.

She was a lot of fun and I appreciated her on that show. There weren't many shows with someone who had to use sign language to communicate with others.

Wonder where she is now?

BEAR

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
One of my favorite autographed photos is of Linda signing "Hi," and then she signed it, "Hi, from Linda!"

Is she even still on the show anymore? What about Bob? I remember that they were a hot item on the show once.

She was a lot of fun and I appreciated her on that show. There weren't many shows with someone who had to use sign language to communicate with others.

Wonder where she is now?

Linda left the show a couple years ago or so, as indicated in the first post (shame shame, Kev!). Bob is of course still there and very active in the episodes. I know they were kinda dating, would exactly say they were a "hot item" though. :stick_out_tongue:

BEAR

Reaction score
I just realized Linda will be turning 60 this year. She does not look that old at all.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Linda left the show a couple years ago or so, as indicated in the first post (shame shame, Kev!). Bob is of course still there and very active in the episodes. I know they were kinda dating, would exactly say they were a "hot item" though. :stick_out_tongue:
Yeah, I rush through the posts sometimes while I"m at work. Shame on me!!

But, for those two and their personalities (so laid-back), I'd call that relationship "hot." Otherwise, it's bordering on "kinda there, but not really."