Let's Request a JIM HENSON CD Box Set.

petrieboy

Reaction score
I just bought the new Rhino cd today. It is so completely complete in its incompleteness, that it seems to rob from any future releases. It makes future releases seem unlikely. Most of the best songs from the Muppet films have been used here, what's left?
How about this... instead of limiting it to the Muppets...

"JIM HENSON: A musical journey" box set with retrospective collector's booklet. If this were sitting under our Christmas tree, we'd have to run to the bathroom and pee as soon as it were opened.

Disk 1: The Muppet Show (This would comprise the (remastered) two records released in the 1970s and any additional songs that were contained on the 1990s cds.)

Disk 2: Sesame Street

Disk 3: The "Electric Mayhem" Anthology

Disk 4 and 5: The Muppet Movie/ The Great Muppet Caper/
Muppets Take Manhattan/ Labyrinth and the Dark Crystal Complete Soundtracks

Disk 6: The Fraggle Rock Collection

Disk 7 and 8: Music From Television Specials (and Henson Productions Rarities): "John Denver and Muppets" "Emmet Otter" "Christmas Toy" "Bunny Picnic" "Muppet Family Christmas" "The Jim Henson Hour (especially Sweet Vacation)" "Muppets at Disney World (Love in a Laundromat)" "Muppets Tonite (especially the theme song)" "Kermits Swamp Years (if theres anything worth having, I havent seen it yet)" and whatever else!

Stulz

Reaction score
Henson CD

Wow that is great idea!

Too bad we probably won't ever atcually see it made
:mad:

we can always hope that someday they release these great songs on CD or what ever format comes along next...

towels

Reaction score
You may want to check out this thread over on the merchandise board...

(click on the underlined part to get there)

petrieboy

Reaction score
holy moly

Holy Moly towels!
Does Rhinos distributor check this forum and they saw this request or is there just some weird psychic thing going on?
That is what I'M talkin about! I wonder if that happens, if they will include all the "other" songs from this collection in the box set, or just the muppet film songs. I think what they ought to do is jam pack every little song there is from every little thing the Muppets have done... as much as possible. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd just as soon leave out the demos and outtakes and stuff in other completed songs that haven't been released in their place. This box set would sell like hotcakes. I hope it is loaded with fraggles songs and muppet babies songs. However, they should just have songs from the muppet babies--- unlike the cd that was released "Rock it to the stars" ... the cd was too much story and not enough song. Their songs are short anyway, so they could give us a good dose.

sidcrowe

Reaction score
I wish that the Electric Mayhem would release a record, and play it straight.

These shotgun guest star things suck. Remember the cover for "Unpigged?" Just a stiff pose from Kermit.

Boring :embarrassed:

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
A Jim Henson box set? I'd loooove it!

I actually brought this up in the forum a while back, with one element you seem to have left out: LIVE-ACTION FILMS! I'm talking about "only" the hits -- Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, the Witches, and Jack & the Beanstalk.

And As a bonus, include the theme from Farscape!

C'irdan

Reaction score
CDs

This would be FANTASTIC!

Here's how I'd like it:

3 Muppet Show CDs with the best songs from it
1 CD of Rowlf (didn't he release his own CD once?)
1 CD of The Electric Mayhem (everything they've played hopefully)
The Muppet Movie Soundtrack
The Great Muppet Caper Soundtrack
The Muppets Take Manhattan Soundtrack
1 Jim Henson Hour CD
2 Sesame Street CDs (best of, from 1967 to today)
The Muppet Christmas Carol Soundtrack
Muppet Treasure Island Soundtrack
Muppets Tonight (best of)
Muppets From Space Soundtrack
2 Discs of Muppet TV Specials Music
Labyrinth Soundtrack
The Dark Crystal Soundtrack
Fraggle Rock (the best of)

Yes those are very out of order...but you get my idea...I personally can't stand muppet babies...I thought it was terrible...ESPECIALLY the music.

On The Electric Mayhem CD...it would be the best thing ever if they made it a parody of The Beatles Anthology or something...with Every single tidbit that we've heard (or even just seen) them play. And lots of hilarious commentary from all the members and scooter (cause he's their manager) etc.

This probably will never get made...but I'd love it if it did.:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: