Let's Eat DVD skits.

DrGoshposh

Reaction score
A Muppet-fan friend of mine asked me a question to which I have no answer, but I'm sure someone here can help out.

He got his kids the Let's Eat Sesame Street DVD, and he said he was surprised to see new skits with Grover and Fat Blue. According to him, these were bits that go between old classic Sesame sketches. And he said they are really funny.

He says that this is Frank's Grover and Jerry Nelson as Fat Blue, and as I have never gotten into the Sesame DVDs, I don't know how much original material is included.

So were the Grover/Fat Blue skits originally produced for the Let's Eat DVD, and is it Frank and Jerry performing the characters?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I haven't seen this, but as far as I know, this video doesn't have any classic Grover and fat Blue scenes. They only appear in the linking footage.

This video was released in 1999, before Eric Jacopson started performing Grover, so Frank Oz performed Grover in this, and Jerry Nelson, who was still very active as a performer at the time, performed Fat Blue. As far as I know, the only time that Eric jacopson has performed Grover alongside Fat Blue was in A celebration of me, Grover! I have read that there is going to be a new Fat Blue scene on Sesame Street this season, but I don't know if grover will be performed by Eric Jacopson (most likely) or Frank Oz (I have read that he performed Grover in one new skit that premiered this season).

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Frank OZ has been in servral grover sketches this season where he is talking to kids about healthy habits, although I have seen Eric Jacobson in one of them as he has mostly done Global Grover Sketches this season.