Lesser known, lightly discussed, Henson films.

DreamTripper

Reaction score
Okay, everyone seems to know about and discuss all of the obvious films in "Fantasy Worlds." Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, MirrorMask, and others. But I rarely if ever have seen anyone discuss the first two Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles films, or the third Neverending Story movie. I also know that the creature shop supplied some animatronics for Cutthroat Island. What other lesser known "Fantasy" type films did they contribute to?

Laszlo

Reaction score
Yes they did FX on many other movies but none as impressive as DARK CRYSTAL or LABYRINTH.

peachesncream

Reaction score
they did the mad hatter and the march hare from the dream child.it was a movie about lewis carroll and the girl who inspired alice.not a bad film.a little old though

travellingpat

Reaction score
They did pretty much everything in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy! The Vogons, Babel Fish, Marvin...Everything!

Hitchhikerishly Yours,
PC

Laszlo

Reaction score
Indeed, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy is one of their better efforts.
But still not as impressive as DARK CRYSTAL.

wes

Reaction score
Me and My wife watched Mirror Mask a few nights ago, she picked it out and didn't even know the Henson Folks Produced it.

It was a weird movie, but we like it!

Marky

Reaction score
I'm STILL blown away by Audrey II in the film version of Little Shop of Horros (1986)!

Great cast, great film, great killer plant - totally underrated!!!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Go HGTTG! I love Marvin, he's so quirky and depressed. It's really funny. The Vogons are especially neat. The poetry that kills the listeners....XD

Marky

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
Go HGTTG! I love Marvin, he's so quirky and depressed. It's really funny. The Vogons are especially neat. The poetry that kills the listeners....XD
Haven't seen it. Nor have I read it. Is it any good? Would a Red Dwarf/Monty Python/Time Bandits/Star Wars fan (who likes clever books) like it?

EasyBeinGreen

Reaction score
If you like Monty Python then I think you would like HGTTG . The humour is very British. It is worth checking out at least once... I wrote a paper last semester about some of the religious themes and challenges found within the story.