Lenny the Lizard appearances

P

Philip Kippel

Does anyone have a list of all the "Muppet Show" episodes that Lenny the Lizard appeared in? What did he do? What sketches was he in?

I'd also like to know which other Muppet productions Lenny appeared in?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Philip,

Dave + Joggy will let you know soon enough.

but two of my Favorites are the Steve Martin ep where he has an Audition as a MC.

And the Florence Henderson 'Happy Together', I just love it !

See ya

Joggy

Reaction score
You called?

#3 Joel Grey
Singing in opening "Comedy Tonight" with the monsters, villains etc.

#7 Florence Henderson
Song: "So Happy Together" with Florence and the monsters (performed by Jerry Nelson, referred to as "Lizard")

#28 Rich Little
Classic Henson "Inchworm" sketch (Lenny eats worm that turns out to be the nose of Gorgon Heap). Performed by Jim Henson.

#32 Steve Martin
Auditioned for emcee, but Kermit didn't let him. Performed by Richard Hunt ("well we've got a great show for you tonight, starring the amazingly beautiful and talented me, plus other good things...")

#65 Spike Milligan
Appears in various scenes in the background as a Native American with feathers on his head.

#96 Diana Ross
Singing in "I Go To Rio" as a lifeguard.

I think that's them?

Salmoto

Reaction score
I love the "Go To Rio" sketch. It also has a preliminary Rizzo floating in a barrel in the ocean surrounded by sharks.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Post-Muppet Show, Lenny's also popped up in Mopatop's Shop.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
DW,

Hey,
I havent seen him in Mopatops Shop, Do you know what the episode was about ?

See ya

P

Philip Kippel

I also spotted Lenny in the closing number of the Julie Andrews Muppet Show episode.

As for post-Muppet Show appearances, I recall seeing Lenny in the background in the "Awful Lot of Coffee in Brazil" musical number in the Heather Locklear episode of Muppets Tonight.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Warrick

I don't remember the specific episode offhand, but what they did was use the Lenny Lizard puppet and added some diamonds on his back and made him a snake.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The first appearance Lenny made was as a Frackle in "The Great Santa Claus Switch" special in 1970.

P

Philip Kippel

Did Lenny appear in more "Muppet Show" episodes than the ones already mentioned?

Did he appear in the goodnights in any episode?