Lennie Weinrib passed away.

Xerus

Reaction score
I just heard a few minutes ago that Lennie Weinrib, the voice of H.R. Pufnstuf, has passed away. I always loved his work and it was a shame for him to go. Next time, I'll do a V/A focus on his talented works in honor of him.

R.I.P. Lennie. Thank you for giving the mayor of Living Island a wonderful voice. :cry:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
NO! Not Pufnstuf!!! Aw man, that's a bummer! I'll have to watch my Pufnstuf tapes tonight in his honor!

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
it's starting too be a weekly thing where we loose people from are childhood

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Man, this is hard. The guy and his work comprised an important cog in the works of my childhood. In the least, I can, no, we can, appreciate that he now joins a select legion of creative immortals who affected our lives with whimsey and childlike abandon. Sleep well, Lenny....

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Man! You know you're getitng old when your childhood heros are dieing. For some reason I thought he passed away years ago, but I guess it was someoem else. I loved HR pufnstuf I used to have al the episoades on tape years ago. Anwyay RIP Lennie. You'll always be alive ane well on lving island.
Come to think of it I think most of the cast for HR Pufnstuf are dead now.

Tim

Reaction score
Oh this is weird..I'm trying to clear something up with Disney over one of his credits right now.

They just released this 6 CD set on the musical history of Disneyland. It comes with a book written by Imagineer/historian Stacia Martin. In writing about the opening of The Haunted Mansion, she mentions how they had radio spots promoting the attraction, in which Paul Frees played various ghosts being interviewed by "radio personality Casey Kasem". Yet on the 30th Anniversary CD of the Mantion, they have some of these spots, only Paul is being interviewd by Lennie Weinrib!

I really want to give Lennie his due now-does anyone have an e-mail for Stacia or connection at Imagineering?

Erine81981

Reaction score
Poor childhood memories. Linnie hope your doing alright up there. You'll be in our hearts. H.R. Pufnstuf you'll always be my hero. Living on living Iland. We will all miss you. *blows a kiss* :smile:

Brinatello

Reaction score
I never watched the show, but am always sad to hear when a childhood star passes away. It is like a part of us going with them. Very sad news. :frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dispite the fact he did the voice of Scrappy-Doo, it's still a real shame. Not a huge fan of his work, but I really admire the art of voice acting. I'd become one too, if that didn't mean I'd have to go back to school for broadcasting.

Brinatello

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Dispite the fact he did the voice of Scrappy-Doo, it's still a real shame.
Ahhh, so Lennie was the original voice of Scrappy-Doo! I know Don Messick also did the voice later on, but never knew the name of the other actor who did it first. Thanks! Now, I won't have to look it up! :smile: