Lemony Snicket: The unauthorized autobiography

Beauregard

Reaction score
Sarah, and all Series of Unfortunate Events Lovers, if you've not read this yet, get off your collective butts, and grab it from your local library.

It is AMAZING. While it dosn't answer a lot of things I would want to know, like "What is VFD..." "Who is Beatrice..." "Where are the Quagmire Triblets..." etc

It does answer, if no thint at, a lot of things, ie:

Why Mr Poe is not responding to their telegram...
How Mr Snicket ended up in VFD...
The fact that Quagmire Triblet #3 may actually be alive...
What happened to Uncle Monty's reptile collection...

It is amazing ad annoying in that wonderfull Snicket way.

Go get it.

Bea:zany:{Blahhh!}regard

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I read it a couple years ago. LOVED the cover. LOVED the first chapter. Didn't understand a word of the rest of it. I suppose it was intended more for those who had already read the whole series thus far... My favorite part was those ridiculous metaphors in the first chapter: "The day was as cold and bitter as a cup of hot chocolate that had vinegar added to it and was refrigerated for several hours." "It was as normal as a group of seals with wings riding about on unicycles, assuming ou come from a place where that is considered very normal." Something like that...
Erin

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, it is for people who had read the whole series, and even then, a lot of it makes no sence...but it is still amazing.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
My aunt lent it to me, knowing I'd only read the first book... She should have lent me the rest of the books in the series! :stick_out_tongue: She has them all. I've been wanting to read them all, but it's just one of those things I haven't gotten around to yet...
Erin

Firecat87

Reaction score
The lemony snicket unauthorized autobiography is one of the funniest books i think i have ever read. Not often have i laughed out loud while reading a book- this one had me doing so every other paragraph. Daniel Handler (i.e. Mr. Snicket) is one of the best new writers out- in my opinion. If you enjoy his writing style, check out "The Basic Eight" by Daniel Handler- it's amazing.

:big_grin: