Lego MUPPET Customs

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Excellent customs, and not just Animal! I really love your lego astro-droids as well.

Plus, you did what I've always wanted (but never have the time) to do; made custom Toy Story Potato Head parts! Those are so cool! So, did you fill in his single eye-attachment hole and drill two new holes for his separate eyes? Or are they just glued on, same for his eyebrows? I also want to redo his moustache to match the movie version, have you tried to do that too?

I wonder if I might commission you to make those parts for me? Please let me know. Also, have you thought about doing Mrs. Potato Head's eyes, brows, and nose?

Great work! Hope to hear from you soon,
:smile:
Anthony

rustyj

Reaction score
Anthony,

Thanks for the post! PotatoHead was a lot of fun. I puttied in the space between the eyes, and mixed a paint color to try and match the plastic. I then sculpted and painted the eyes. The eyes and the brows are actually 'fun-tac'd' in place so I could reposition them and/or swap them out for different expressions, etc. I haven't messed with the mustache as of yet because it didn't bother me as much as the 'off-model' stock eyes and mouth.

nayrbgo

Reaction score
I'm diggin' these customs! I am HUUUGE LEGO fan and now I'm bursting with new visions and ideas for building. Lovely!
Are you using LEGO Digital Designer to help out?
It's great fun to put that program on the computer and let the kids mess around. I hardly ever get a chance, though!

The Muppaphone

Reaction score
Those are fantastic! I work at a puppet theater inside a lego museum (I know, too much awesome in one place right?) If you ever get around to building some more, let me know. I'm sure the owner would LOVE to display them in the museum. :smile:

rustyj

Reaction score
I'm diggin' these customs! I am HUUUGE LEGO fan and now I'm bursting with new visions and ideas for building. Lovely!
It's great fun to put that program on the computer and let the kids mess around. I hardly ever get a chance, though!
I did use the Lego DD, it is a great program and lets you experiment with the pieces first. You can then use it as a road map to build the same piece with actual Legos!

rustyj

Reaction score
Those are fantastic! I work at a puppet theater inside a lego museum (I know, too much awesome in one place right?) If you ever get around to building some more, let me know. I'm sure the owner would LOVE to display them in the museum. :smile:
That would be great, I'll keep you posted!

The Muppaphone

Reaction score
Where does one get a copy of this Lego DD? sounds pretty cool. I'd love to check it out