Legal Movies for Download

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Someone I do graphic design for recently got a few DVD burners and was asking about legal sites to buy or "rent" movies for download (he's not interested in anything like Netflix where the movies come in the mail). I know there are a few places out there, but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations.

Thanks!

pollick529

Reaction score
I know a lot of movies are being available for download on KaZaA, but I don't know if this is legal, plus the fact the movies are still in theatres and have not been commercially released yet on video and DVD, and the quality is usually poor due to DivX video compression. I don't really know if you should try it or not. :confused:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Well, it's someone I work for so I'll err on the side of "not." Thanks though. Movielink seems to offer a good download service, but it's not available outside of the U.S. yet.

Most of the popular movies on KaZaA are pirated, though they are technically legal in a few countries like Canada and some of the northern European countries.

Just as a sidebar - is it pronounced "Ka-zaa" or "Kaz-ah"? I've only heard it pronounced the former, but someone I was talking to today insisted that it was the latter.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I, personally, say the latter, but I've heard more say the former!

teebs

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Just as a sidebar - is it pronounced "Ka-zaa" or "Kaz-ah"?
Hmm...that's a good question. I've always heard it pronounced "KAH-zuh," so that's how I say it.

McFraggle

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Just as a sidebar - is it pronounced "Ka-zaa" or "Kaz-ah"? I've only heard it pronounced the former, but someone I was talking to today insisted that it was the latter.
I've always heard it pronounced as the former too.